Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Too busy!

I personally have not had much trouble in getting an appointment, but I very rarely need to. My Mother on the other hand has been extremely unwell and has now been diagnosed with Two serious illnesses, One requiring surgery. Although Doctors at Kiltearn are highly professional, the reception staff are something else! Like most comments I have read it is near impossible to get suitable appointments. I literally had to 'jump through hoops' just to get a doctor to phone my Mother, after which the doctor decided she needed an appointment. Of course the receptionist said 'no'. After explaining Mother needed to pre arrange due to needing someone to go with her and arrange transport to the surgery, they still said 'no', after this second 'no' I was extremely angry and frustrated and hung up! Funny thing was, less than an hour later they phoned back with an appointment. I understand the receptionists are only doing there job and can't give you something that doesn't exist, but it is there attitude and unwillingness to help and understand that is the main problem. Most people don't like having to go to the doctors, it's not a day trip, but we have to when unwell, so the frustration caused by engaged phone lines, inability to get appointments and unhelpful staff, can only add to people's ill health, which I think is the main point, we want to go to the doctors to help get better, not to feel worse!!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 December 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 15 December 2014

Dear Patient, I wonder if you would be happy to speak to myself regarding your comments as above with regard to your patient experience. My email is sarahburchell@nhs.net, I am currently working with the GP's regarding access and wouild welcome a discussion with you. Sarah

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

How do you get an appointment?

What I liked

Start at 07.59 and hit redial continuously until 08.30 When the phone gets answered you are told there are no appointments ring back tomorrow. Internet emis booking service appears to have been abandoned. It really has gone beyond a joke.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 December 2014

We apologise that you have had difficulties in making contact with the Practice. We are aware of the situation and working towards changes. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Exemplary care

The care and attention provided to me by my GP has been exceptional!!

The doctor has afforded me a level of empathy seldom seen in this current target driven healthcare climate, being completely transparent allowing me to be fully involved in each decision to help me subscribe to the correct diagnosis and treatment pathway. the doctor worked diligently to ensure that this has been done in a timely fashion.

A practitioner like My GP is everything that is right with primary care, I can't thank them enough for their exemplary care professionalism. As an allied health professional myself, I know of the immense pressures that general practitioners currently face from both the government and the general public, often with very little appreciation afforded to these highly educated, dedicated professionals.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 22 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 02 December 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments. Patient experience is very important to us and thank you for taking the time to make these comments on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception & Prescriptions

Some reception staff can be very surly. The new system of repeat prescriptions is a joke. Used to take 2 days to get a repeat now takes 7 days, how is that more efficient.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 02 December 2014

We are sorry that you have not had a good patient experience when attending the practice. Your comments about our reception staff have been noted and will be spoken about at the next staff meeting. With regards to your comments about repeat prescriptions, we are now pleased to report that we are 'back on track' within our repeat prescribing team and that the 7 days notice has now been lifted.

Well looked after

After a year of health issues and several visits to the GP I wanted to leave some feedback on the care I've received at Kiltearn, by way of a thank you for the kindness and understanding of the doctors I've seen. (the most recent being to the doctor this afternoon!) Although making an appointment can require some persistence at 8am I've always been able to be seen the same day, and each time have left the consultation feeling that my concerns have been listened to and addressed. Where necessary I've been referred for onward consultations without hesitation, and I generally feel both fortunate and grateful to have access to such efficient and empathetic care. (Thank you!)

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 14 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 December 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Patient experience is very important to us. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

I have been a patient at Kiltearn for seventeen years and have never had a problem accessing an appointment, in fact last week I was offered three different times and asked which suited me best!!
Unfortunately in the past two weeks I have seen two GP,s and whilst accessing these appointments the reception staff treated me with dignity and respect .
This morning I was fortunate enough to see the duty GP and left feeling I had received a professional and thorough consultation.
Following this I had bloods taken by an equally professional healthcare assistant and would like to say thank you to all the staff at Kiltearn .

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 December 2014

Thank you so much for your very postitive feedback on the service that you have received from all of the staff at Kiltearn, especially during that last two weeks. Patient experience is very important to the practice and we are working very hard to improve access for our patients. Your feedback proves that the small changes that we have made so far are working!

Apauling attitude

I am new to the area and went to register, the receptionist made my decision very easy, not to register at Kiltearn! Whilst on the phone to someone and dealing with another patient, the receptionist barked at me to stand back and give the patient in front of me more privacy. I fully understand people's needs for privacy at the GPs, however, there was no particular marking for me to judge what the receptionist felt was appropriate, I felt where I was stood was more than acceptable, especially seeing as the receptionist had to raise their voice to 'communicate' with me, if I was too close they wouldnt have felt the need to raise their tone, also, a please and thank you may have helped, it was clear the receptionist was trying to make an example of me and was just down right rude, they embarrassed the lady in front of me, angered me, and embarrassed themself and your practice. I shall not be registering at Kiltearn.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 06 November 2014

We are sorry to hear that you felt that you were not treated with respect whilst trying to register with us. This incident will be discussed at our next staff meeting. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Service with a smile

Whilst passing through town, I was desperately in need of a prescription. The receptionist on the desk arrange for it to be signed immediately. First class service :)

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 11 November 2014

Thank you for placing your comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased that your issue was resolved quickly. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Booking appointments

It is impossible to now make a booking with this surgery. You use to be able to make a booking in advance on line to see a doctor, now there are never any on line appointments available to book. So, you ring the surgery only to be told that you cannot book up an appointment in advance, ring back tomorrow morning at 0800. Having finally got through by 0815 you will then be told that there are now fully booked up. This surgery is not fit for purpose.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2014

The practice is aware that Patients may find it more difficult to obtain appointments. This is due to the departure of Dr M Durow and Dr M McKavanagh. As an interim arrangement, the GP Partners have made the decision to not offer pre bookable appointments and to only offer 'book on the day' appointments. We are in the process of appointing a new GP to Kiltearn and are awaiting confirmation of start dates etc. We ask that our patients please bear with us as normal service with the appointments system will be resumed shortly.

Do not register here

This practice is over subscribed and still taking on new patients. Not enough staff, doctors or nurses. No appointments unless you sit by the phone endlessly re-dialling the number at 8am every morning. Never any pre- bookable appointments available and nobody there seems to care at this appalling service. The practice management should be ashamed.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.