Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

Chris Fenwick gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Booking An Appointment

struggling to book an appointment for a person with an unopronouncable name
The Receptionist , at 6:00pm , was very helpfull

It turned out that the name was misspelt on the surgery computer but they sorted it out for me

Many Thanks

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 July 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2015

Dear Sir, I am glad that our receptionist managed to work out the issue that you had! I have passed on your comments to the staff member involved. Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on NHS Choices. Sarah Burchell, Promotions

ANTHONY SIMMONS reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Over 60 health care.

For the past few years I have had tremendous advice and guidance off my doctor re my personal health issues that have evolved as I have got older.
I am confident what ever advice I am given is the correct advice for my personal circumstanses,medication etc.
I get an mot annualy to make sure we prevent any issues arising .
I have complete faith and confidence with my dogtor on any issues I may have.

Yors sincerely ,Anthony Simmons

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 21 July 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 22 July 2015

Dear Mr Simmons
Thank you for your very kind words regarding the advice and guidance you have received from the Practice. I will ensure that all clincians involved with your care are notified. Thank you again Sarah Burchell, Promotions

Liz Saadouni gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Improvements of Access by Telephone

Congradulations on the improvement to your access for appointments by telephone. Thank you so much for listening to us patients and doing something about the amount of times one had to re-dial to get an appointment. I rang once at 8am yesterday 27/07/15 and got an appointment, and phoned agian at 8.15am to check somthing and got through first time. I cannot believe the transformation from the last time I phoned the surgery. This must be a great relieve to your more mature patients.
Liz Saadouni
Very Satisfied Patient

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 28 July 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 29 July 2015

Hi Mrs Saadouni, Thank you so much for taking the time to place a comment on Choices. The Practice is working very hard on all issues relating to Access and I am pleased to hear that you and other patients are starting to see a difference! Regards Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager, Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Poor phone service

Whilst the doctors at this surgery are absolutely brilliant I am still appauled by the way that telephonists deal with phone calls. Recently I attempted to make a "phone on the day" appointment having been plagued with a illness that refused to leave! I had already had 2 courses of antibiotics and needed to see a doctor to get some more and talk over my treatment. I could not afford to have anymore time off work and did not want to go through the agony of the illness again.
When I eventually get through (8.10am) I was told there were no appointments available and that I could have a telephone consult only. Admittedly I was furious and very upset. The cold and wooden receptionist at the end of the phone was not sympathetic and offered no alternatives - they even said that my condition was not worth an emergency appointment! I was very irritated by this as they knew nothing about what I was going through. I was very tempted to put this person's name in this review but then thought it would be best perhaps discussed with the Practice Management instead.
When I went into the surgery at 8.30am the receptionist said that there were appointments left and they booked me one - they were lovely, very kind and very helpful - not like the wooden robot on the phone. Please please please sort out the attitude of some of these telephonists - they should be there to help not hinder and not to cause people to behave out of character. When people are ill (which is usually why they want to see a GP) they need sympathy and understanding; something which this telephonist in particular certainly did not have.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 08 May 2015

Dear Patient
Please could you contact me with regard to talking about your patient experience. As you have not provided your name, I con not make contact with you directly. Many thanks in advance. Sarah Burchell sarahburchell@nhs.net

julie gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Great support and understanding

my son has complexed needs and sometimes it can be a daunting taking him to see the doctor as the appointment is usually required fairly quickly
he was seen today by the emergency doctor who in light of having a very busy morning a a very tight appointment schedule to adhere to, offered my son a comprehensive consultation their approach was both reassuring and empathetic.
I just want to say Thank you this means a great deal as this also helps to ease family pressures

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 20 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on our services. Patient feedback is very important to us good or bad! Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Advice required.

I was wondering for much longer we'll be unable to pre-book appointments either on-line or by telephone.
Last Friday 27/03/15 I called at 8am to try to see my doctor that day only to told that they were fully booked, looking on EMIS at the same time their name didn't appear. If you can't pre-book appointments how could they be fully booked at 2 mins past 8am? I was offered an appointment with another (which I declined as I wanted to see a my doctor Dr), but their name also didn't appear on the EMIS listings.
Please bring back the old system where we can book in advance. It gives peace of mind even if you have to wait a few days.

I know Dmy doctor only works part time and they are very popular owing to their caring and professional nature. They are always cheerful and takes a genuine interest towards your health.

I will attempt to see them this week.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 20 April 2015

Dear Patient
I am pleased to let you know that the pre booking system has now been re-introduced. The only change from the old system to the new system is that the pre-boiokable appointments will be released at 1.p.m. in the afternoon instead of at 8:00a.m. This is to reduce the pressure on our telephone system in the morning and to allow patient calls to be spread more evenly throughout the day. Please contact me at the surgery if you wish to discuss this issue further. Sarah Burchell, Access Lead.

Bob Harding gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

appointments

The GP care at this surgery and follow up referrals is excellent, getting an appointment with your GP of choice, when you require it, is impossible. Receptionists seem to think that they are in charge, It is easier to telephone the Kremlin or White House than it is to contact this surgery and arrange an appointment. I don't phone very often during the year, but when I do telephone, I am ill, or have a medical problem which needs to be addressed today, not in three - four weeks time. The appointment system at this surgery needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and sorted out. If not, perhaps the ombudsman can sort things out!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2015

We are sorry that you have found it difficult to make contact with the practice. The GP partners are aware of the current issues relating to access and have implemented a working group with CCG reprentation to address these matters.

Stephen Coines gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Better and better

Since my previous comment, where I had the courage of my convictions to add my name, I was very politely invited to see the Practice Management at Kiltearn Medical Centre to discuss the points raised in my previous comment. They spent nearly an hour with me going through the way the system works and I was entirely satisfied with the way my comment was treated and the subsequent response and meeting with the management, which was very reassuring. I would like to point out that whilst it appears difficult to get through to the surgery on the telephone to make an appointment, there are at least 6 lines attached to the same number and because of the popularity of the medical practice as a whole and the service that is given, it is agreed that sometimes it is difficult to get through. This is nobody's fault. I would advise anybody who has any concerns or complaints about Kiltearn Medical Practice, that their first step should be to contact the management, who have many years experience in their profession. They take peoples comments, good or bad, very seriously and is totally dedicated to their post and any queries will be dealt with professionally, courteously and expeditiously.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 06 February 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Chris gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Telephone Help

I needed to phone Kiltearn today on behalf of an elderly lady ,

I got through on the phone straight away

the receptionist was very helpful and patient despite the fact that I was giving them a garbled tale !
Couldn't remember the exact house number nor was I certain of the spelling of the ladies surname
In the end I had to phone the lady to check her date of birth but the receptionist was brilliant
The nurse spoke to the lady and arranged for her to see the doctor within a couple of hours

Well Done Kiltearn

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 February 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to place your very positive comment onto NHS Choices and that your issue was dealt with swiftly.

Albert gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Listening

There are occasional minor frustrations in getting through on the phone and making appointments, but I have always been treated with kindness and efficiency by both administrative, nursing and medical staff. It is so important to feel "listened to" and this is what comes across every time. This relationship, I think, is so vital in nursing and medicine, and they do it well.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 01 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our NHS Choices Website. We as a practice have been working very hard on our access issues. We have trebled the amount of staff answering the telephones each morning and have re-introduced our pre bookable appointment service. We are monitoring all areas of access very closely and making changes where required. Sarah Burchell Kiltearn Medical Centre