Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

You can never get an appointment. Told conflicting things by different receptionists. Some say appointments are released 1 week in advance, others say on the day. You ring from 8am constantly, get through to someone half an hour later and are then told all the appointments for that day are gone?! within half an hour?! Ridiculous. Get some more doctors.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 13 March 2014

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Two Appointments within 30 mins

Following a stay in Hospital I needed to have my dressing checked & also a blood test

I was able to get 2 appointments close together

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Incompentant Adminstration

I have always received good care from the doctors and nurses at this practice and can't fault that, however constantly suffer from the incompetence of the receptionists and prescription staff. I always have problems when ordering repeat prescriptions and have to correct the mistakes of the administration staff on a regular basis.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 18 February 2014

Conrad Smith gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful

I have Dupuytren's Contracture and having already had one operation it looks like I require another on my right hand. Getting an appointment so I can get referred to a consultant has proved impossible. I telephone at 8.30 AM everyday only to be told, when I eventually get through, that there are only emergency appointments left. Further to this I was told I can't make an appointment for another day and that I must keep trying. I work away from home and this isn't possible. I've now had to pay for a private consultation. Further to this the receptionist was abrupt and rude. Even this complaint procedure is flawed. Question four asks "When did you visit this GP surgery?" The chance would be a fine thing.

Visited in January 2012. Posted on 18 December 2013

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Appointment system not fit for purpose

I have only been registered here for a couple of months and up to now I find them frustrating. You,invariably cannot book an appointment going forward and are told to ring from 8am in the morning (great when you need to get to work) and guess what ? The phones engaged !

Two items on my prescription request were rejected I was informed by the receptionist when I queried why they were missing, one was for pain relief couldn't do anything about it I was told to start ringing from 8 am !!!!!

I cannot wait until the new government rules come in to make surgeries run round the patients not the staff.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 12 December 2013

Bob Harding gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

appointments

This is the worst example of a mismanaged reception/booking appointments system I have ever experienced. As an ex army medic (R.A.M.C. 1968 - 1972) I was responsible for a medical centre in Germany, and wish Kiltearn would act with the same efficiency. They haven't got a booking system at all, it is total anarchy. Booking a same day appointment is impossible, one telephone engaged continuously from 8-00 a.m. and when it is finally answered by a totally indifferent receptionist, they take great delight in saying that appointments are all 'fully booked.' Goodness only knows how, in a matter of 20 minutes. I feel so strongly that I am writing a letter of complaint.
Bob

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 06 November 2013

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 08 November 2013

We are sorry that you felt dissatisfied with our service, however, each day we have a team of 4 receptionists manning our telephone system -which is the maximum we are allowed. We have requested a system upgrade, and we are looking into this issue. For those patients who have access to the internet, we do offer an online booking service, (for GP appointments only), which works alongside our appointments system, and allows patients to book GP appointments at the same time as our receptionists. If you are interested in using this service please visit our website and click on 'How Do I?' on the top information bar, then please view 'book an appointment' and follow the instructions.

IC Hall gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Impressive service

The Online System allows me to see what appointments are available and choose the one that is best for me .

I was able to find one for today ! just what I wanted

The Doctor was running early , perhaps it was the inclement weather , they gave me a flu jab and an unrushed appointment .

All this took place 20mins before my official appointment time

got a call to my mobile 30mins later - the receptionist told me I'd forgotten to pick up my prescriptions - didn't know they'd got the number

Well Done Kiltearn

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 28 October 2013

Jan Ellson gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My observations

I have been at Kiltearn all my life, whilst sometimes the admin staff can be abrupt they are under a lot of pressure, the practice has grown tremendously over the years but you can only ever see at most two admin staff at the front desk. Perhaps more admin staff would ease this issue.
I like having the chance to phone in at 8 for a same day appointment, a phone queuing system would be useful, rather than just the engaged system. It is almost impossible to see the doctor of your choice. This is particularly annoying when you have been asked to 'come back in a couple of weeks', there are never any appointments to pre-book in a couple of weeks, so you have to try and ring on the day and you have to repeat this daily until you a lucky enough to get an appointment with the doctor dealing with your case.
The reception area could be made a little more private, and an separate area to go to if you have been asked to make another appointment, or fill in a form etc after seeing the doctor would be useful.
The medical staff are outstanding, giving the best possible care. I can not praise them enough.
None of my comments are criticisms in any way, merely observations of a busy staff who I'm am sure have to deal with many trials during the day.
If it a choice of an upgraded phone system and less staff or the engaged tone and more staff I will take the second option every time. Thank you to all the staff

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 25 October 2013

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Problems with phone contact

All staff at this practice are highly professional and I feel really do go to great efforts for their patients, both receptionists and medical staff. They have exceeded my expectations more than once and I feel confident that I am getting good treatment also the facilities feel up to date. However there is a really big problem with contacting the surgery by phone. Sometimes it takes up to 45 minutes of trying before the line is free. As a patient with a chronic condition that makes going out difficult, it means that I can't rely on their service in an emergency and am considering changing surgery - but this would be such a shame as all other aspects of the service offered are so good.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 23 October 2013

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on NHS Choices, your thoughts and comments are very important to us. We understand your difficulties in contacting the surgery by phone. We are aware of the situation and can assure you that the Practice is looking into different ways of solving this issue.

I C Hall gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very Busy

The system allows me to book an appointment online , this is really easy and convenient .
I can see which GPs are available & when

At the Health Centre I can "book In " at a screen this allows me to avoid queuing and know if things are running late

It is not easy to see the same Doctor each time

You will probably need to wait 3 weeks before you can see the doctor you saw today again

There is a need for more full time Doctors

The resources available seem skilled and fairly shared

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 19 October 2013