Kiltearn Medical Centre

01270 610200 Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street , Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX

Backward

I have read the reviews and they accurately reflect my own and my family's experience. Why does this practise not actively support the on line booking service to help cut down the need to phone in to get an appointment?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 December 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 December 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the NHS Choices site. I can assure you that the Practice does support the on line booking service. We place as many appointments as we can onto the system, however, we also need to keep some back as not all of our patients have computers. Kiltearn Medical Centre as a higher than average demographic of elderly people on our patient list and therefore, it would be unfair to offer just appointments via the web. I hope that you understand that we have to treat everyone fairly.

No evidence of improvement

Having read online that the telephone system had been improved i felt optimistic. In the past my experience of getting an appointment here has been dreadful. I rang at 8am this morning and rang repeatdedly until 8:15. When i got through at 8:15 I was told there were no phone on day appointments, the nurse is off sick. Sorry. I have to try another day as my childs illness does not classify as an emergency. (I was asked to explain the problem to the receptionist!) I felt sorry for the person on the phone. They sounded like they were about to cry. I feel the same! I'm so grateful my family are not ill often. In what world does this system work? The fact that this surgery has a customer experience manager checking all reviews say it all!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Dear Patient
After many months of research and investigation, the GP Partners have invested in a new telephone system for the Practice. The switch over to the new system has not been as smooth as the Practice was hoping for. There have been technical difficulties with our server, something that we could not have prepared for. We apologise to our patients for any difficulty that they are experiencing at the present time, however, the new system, once embedded, will be a significant improvement on the last. Please contact the surgery direct and ask to speak with me if you would like to discuss this matter further. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Stark contrast

A few weeks ago after much frustration in trying get an appointment I left a one star review. This morning I rang and I got through first time and was offered an appointment for my child within the hour. The receptionist could not have been more helpful or kinder. The nurse was great. We were seen quickly. Credit where it is due. The service today was great. Thank you.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased to know that your patient journey was a positive one this time around. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

You are lucky to get an appointment !!

The last time I attempted to get an appointment it took constant redialling for 39 minutes, each time you are informed the other person has hung up. When you arrive for an appointment you have to queue for 15 minutes because the automated check in doesn't work. I then had to wait for over an hour after my appointment time before I was seen, and it was only 9:30 am! The doctor was patronising and had not taken the trouble to read my patient notes, only to advise me I would have to make an appointment to see one of their colleagues, who had more expertise in that area. On the whole a totally unsatisfactory experience.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 19 September 2016

Dear Patient
I am sorry that you have not been totally satisfied with the service provided to you on your last visit. Your patient journey is very important to us. I would very much like to discuss your dissatisfaction with you directly. I would be grateful if you could let me know your contact details by emailing sarahburchell@nhs.net Unfortunately, as you entered your comment as anonymous, I have no way of contacting you. Kind regards Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

JenR gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

General health & wellbeing

Have always received first class professional service from both doctors, medical & administrative staff. As busy working person I value being able to get appointments that fit around my professional needs.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for your very positive comments about the service here at Kiltearn and thank you for taking the time to post such feedback on NHS Choices. Kind regards

Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Asked to come in to get test results but no appointments

Received a letter over the weekend from kiltearn asking me to come in to discuss test results. As someone just recovering from cancer I'm quite worried. No face to face appointments available to book online and have done the normal trying to get through from 8am to be told at 8.15 that there are no available on the day appointments or bookable appointments at any time on any day available to book!! No wonder A&E is overstretched with this kind of service. Have been told to ring back at 1pm, not always easy when you are at work. I had to wait 3 weeks last year to see the GP because I couldn't get in when I found my breast lump which turned out to be cancer. How many patients simply given up trying to get through? How has this practice got it so wrong? The medical service is fine once you get there.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 25 July 2016

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

Having transferred back to Kiltearn after three years at university with abysmal medical care, I am amazed at how efficient and empathetic the doctors are. I was seen virtually immediately and treated with kindness and respect. Staff went above and beyond to ensure that I received the appropriate medical care. Thanks for restoring my faith in the medical profession!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Shocking service

Always a struggle to get an appointment ..when they answer the phone !
Last appointment I waited 3 weeks for after having pain in my arm was is with the doctor for less than 2 minutes ,was told there's not a lot they can do just see if it gets better ...I ended up paying for physio to get it better As wasnt going to go back ,the dr was obviously in too much of a rush I defend the nhs but this practice gives a poor image to the health service .

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 01 June 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 June 2016

Dear Patient, I am sorry that you have had a bad experience. Your comments are taken seriously. We have changed the way in which our appointment system works very recently, we are trialing a new in house Physiotherapy service, whereby you do not have to be referred or pay for a private Physiotherapist ........ all these changes have obviously very much taken place after your consultation tht you describe above. I would be interested to know of your experience next time you make contact with the surgery. As you remain anonymous to me, i am unable to contact you directly. If you feel you are able to provide me with your thoughts on your next visit, i would be happy to hear from you directly. Please email me at sarahburchell@nhs.net. Kind regards Sarah, Patient Experience Manager

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

All GP's have excellent communication skills

I love this surgery so much. GP's are so supportive and caring. Nurses are also super friendly and knowledgeable. Emergency appointments are always available if my children need seeing that day. Online appointment booking is also useful. Receptionist are friendly.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 07 April 2016

Dear Patient - Thank you for such a lovely, glowing report on our surgery! Your comments will be sent around to all staff to view. Thank you!! Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Generally inadequate

I've was with Kiltearn for many years before recently moving to London where I was astounded at the difference in service. I moved to a small doctors practice that has tens of thousands of patients on records and manages to see everyone quickly, efficiently, and give outstanding service. Here's an example: I was able to get a travel vaccination on the same day, whereas it took weeks at Kiltearn. I had a mole tested the following week in London whereas I was put on a month + waiting list at Kiltearn. Now I'm moving back up to Nantwich, Kiltearn is firmly scrubbed off my list.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016