Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

GP feedback

This is quite possibly the worst practice in tge UK. They close when they think fit, today I've been yet again refused an appointment and given a piece of paper advising me to ring at 8am ( that's a laugh as I won't get through) or book online. When I tried " no appointments available "

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Excellent care

I had not been to Kiltearn Health Centre for nearly ten years so I was very impressed with the new surgery.
I also could not have received better care from my doctor at the time of my appointment and during the following 2 weeks when I was contacted twice on my mobile to discuss my ongoing treatment.
The reception staff who were involved in the setting up of my appointment ,which was arranged for the very same day as my call , were very pleasant ,responded to my questions in an efficient and effective manner, in fact I could not fault them at all.
Well done Kiltearn Medical Centre and a very big thank you as I know you all work under extreme pressure each day of the week!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

maggie miller reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

excellent response to patients needs

Thank you so much for the empathy, understanding and immediate response to my medical concerns. I could not have wished for a more attentive, informative and professional response from both the Doctors and Nursing staff. M.Miller

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 21 September 2014

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Disgraceful arrangements for making appointments

The arrangements for making appoinments are appalling. After numerous phone calls you are inevitably told there is no appointment available. I was recently advised by the District Nursing Team to book an appointment with the Practice Nurse to have wounds checked following major surgery. The reception staff refused to give me an appointment. I was forced to appeal to the local Clinical Commisioning Team who intervened on my behalf before sanity prevailed an an appointment was made. The Practice must address these serious issues as a matter of priority. The administrative arrangements are badly letting down the very good clinical services the Practice offers and must be an embarrasment to the senior partners.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 26 August 2014

We are sorry that you have experienced problems within the Practice. We ask that you please contact Dianne Price, our Practice Manager on 01270 610200 to arrange an appointment to discuss your issues further.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Online Appoints - Just The JOb

I looked at the appointments online early on Monday morning and found I had a choice of Doctors - Just the JOb

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 26 August 2014

Disappointed patient gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting receptionist service

I called to book an appointment mid afternoon. The receptionist was very reluctant to assist me in seeing a doctor. The only appointment they would give me would not leave me enough time to travel to the surgery. I was informed to call back at 08.00 next day.
I tried calling for 20 mins, when the receptionist then told me only one appointment was available for the rest of the day. As I work full time, days off to see a doctor are few and far between. With the disinterested and rather short response from the receptionist, I am less that impressed by the service I received.
This system, to me, seems geared up to stop the honest tax payer from seeing a doctor. I am very disappointed in the system and also the response from the receptionist.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 July 2014

Paul Clark gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Arrogant and indifferent. Root and branch changes required.

Three years ago I visited the surgery with a mouth infection and the Dr refused to check anything because it was a dental problem!
Three months ago I collapsed whilst abroad, underwent emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage and was diagnosed with cancer.
The receptionist at kiltearn was as usual completely unhelpful and the same arrogant doctor who was on duty refused to speak to my wife and offer any advice about how to return to the UK and pick up seamless cover under the NHS.
Attitudes at this practise are despicable with indifference and arrogance the norm.
Pay for their staff should be linked to customer satisfaction, which in my case is zero. If service standards at Kiltearn were the norm then this health centre is a strong case for privatisation of the NHS.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 22 July 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 23 July 2014

We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the services that we provide. Please could we ask that you contact Mrs Dianne Price, our Practice Manager to discuss this matter further.

Appointment's are rubbish!

I've got eczema it's all flared and everything, yet they refuse to see me.

I'm changing doctors asap, the main reason my eczema is so bad is because I can never get in.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 04 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Can't get an Appointment!

Advised by a doctor on Monday 16 June 2014 at A&E to ask my GP to refer me for physiotherapy. Rang the surgery when I got home (about 10.30am) and was told no appointments were available at all that day. I tried to make one for another day and they said I would have to ring at 8.00am the next morning. I explained that I'd had carpal tunnel release surgery last year and that whilst at A&E over another matter, had been advised that I need a course of physio to get the movement back in my hands. The receptionist said she'd ask them to do a letter without an appointment, as they have all the details of the surgery in my notes, and told me to phone back later. When I did, I was asked to leave it overnight as the doctor hadn't had time to look at it. The following morning I received a phone call from a receptionist to say that the GP would need to see me, but there were no appointments left for that day and I would need to ring at 8.00am the next day, or they could offer me an appointment for 7th July (3 weeks!). I declined the appointment. A few hours later I looked on the website to see what appointments were available and there was one for 3.20 that afternoon! I booked it and went straight down to the surgery, saw the GP and the referral has been done.
Initially I felt rather upset when I was refused an appointment, but when I found that there was an appointment on the website I was quite angry. I realise that someone must have cancelled their appointment, but why didn't the surgery ring me back and offer me the cancellation? The appointment system is inflexible - what if you can't ring at 8.00am? Plenty of people on their way to work or on the school run must find it difficult. I understand that in an emergency you can ring first thing and be seen, but what about more routine appointments? A three week wait is not acceptable.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Frustration

I am furious as it is impossible to get an appointment with the GP or to book an appointment in advance. The reception staff are rude. Phoning up at 8am for anappointment is impossible and to be asked if it is an emergency, if it is not , an appointment is not offered. How then does one ever get seen?

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014