Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

Paul Clark gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Arrogant and indifferent. Root and branch changes required.

Three years ago I visited the surgery with a mouth infection and the Dr refused to check anything because it was a dental problem!
Three months ago I collapsed whilst abroad, underwent emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage and was diagnosed with cancer.
The receptionist at kiltearn was as usual completely unhelpful and the same arrogant doctor who was on duty refused to speak to my wife and offer any advice about how to return to the UK and pick up seamless cover under the NHS.
Attitudes at this practise are despicable with indifference and arrogance the norm.
Pay for their staff should be linked to customer satisfaction, which in my case is zero. If service standards at Kiltearn were the norm then this health centre is a strong case for privatisation of the NHS.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 22 July 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 23 July 2014

We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the services that we provide. Please could we ask that you contact Mrs Dianne Price, our Practice Manager to discuss this matter further.

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Trying to make an appointment

Very unhappy with current system - I have been unwell for a few weeks and have tried on a number of occasions to book an appointment - takes a long time to get through on the telephone to then be told 'no appointments'. I felt unable to 'argue' my need to see a clinician so a friend of mine rang on my behalf. She was shocked in the manner she was spoken to by the reception staff, after explaining how difficult it had been to try and get an appointment she was advised to 'ring back at 1pm' before the phone was put down rather sharply. I know the receptionist can only offer what they have to book, however being shown a bit of compassion would of helped.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

Disappointed patient gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting receptionist service

I called to book an appointment mid afternoon. The receptionist was very reluctant to assist me in seeing a doctor. The only appointment they would give me would not leave me enough time to travel to the surgery. I was informed to call back at 08.00 next day.
I tried calling for 20 mins, when the receptionist then told me only one appointment was available for the rest of the day. As I work full time, days off to see a doctor are few and far between. With the disinterested and rather short response from the receptionist, I am less that impressed by the service I received.
This system, to me, seems geared up to stop the honest tax payer from seeing a doctor. I am very disappointed in the system and also the response from the receptionist.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 July 2014

charlie flood gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

care and compassion

I have received nothing but professionalism, empathy and direct response to the exerlant health care I have received at the kiltern medical center.Would recommend such a service to anyone 100%.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 23 June 2014

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Can't get an Appointment!

Advised by a doctor on Monday 16 June 2014 at A&E to ask my GP to refer me for physiotherapy. Rang the surgery when I got home (about 10.30am) and was told no appointments were available at all that day. I tried to make one for another day and they said I would have to ring at 8.00am the next morning. I explained that I'd had carpal tunnel release surgery last year and that whilst at A&E over another matter, had been advised that I need a course of physio to get the movement back in my hands. The receptionist said she'd ask them to do a letter without an appointment, as they have all the details of the surgery in my notes, and told me to phone back later. When I did, I was asked to leave it overnight as the doctor hadn't had time to look at it. The following morning I received a phone call from a receptionist to say that the GP would need to see me, but there were no appointments left for that day and I would need to ring at 8.00am the next day, or they could offer me an appointment for 7th July (3 weeks!). I declined the appointment. A few hours later I looked on the website to see what appointments were available and there was one for 3.20 that afternoon! I booked it and went straight down to the surgery, saw the GP and the referral has been done.
Initially I felt rather upset when I was refused an appointment, but when I found that there was an appointment on the website I was quite angry. I realise that someone must have cancelled their appointment, but why didn't the surgery ring me back and offer me the cancellation? The appointment system is inflexible - what if you can't ring at 8.00am? Plenty of people on their way to work or on the school run must find it difficult. I understand that in an emergency you can ring first thing and be seen, but what about more routine appointments? A three week wait is not acceptable.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Completely useless.

Trying to make an appointment here is more stress than the thought of being ill, for someone who works full time its a nightmare to get in & you can never make a forward booking to see a doctor.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 18 June 2014

We are sorry that you have had problems in obtaining a GP appointment. We are aware of this issue and are currently undertaking an audit into our current systems and how we can improve our access. Please look out for further news on this issue on our website www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk and within our newsletters.

prescriptions

The prescription system is absolutely useless, I stood in the coop wait for a prescription which I had taken in the week before and was told that kiltern med cent had it, so went up to kiltern to ask for prescription to be told that it was at the co op chemist on high town crewe , I told the receptionist to ring and check because I am not go all way to Crewe if it wasn't there and why would it be there when I was in Nantwich it makes no sense so they rang someone up and apparently it was at the co op on Nantwich rd Crewe which is where the nomad packs come from so I asked if the prescription could be delivered with the nomad pack on Tuesday, the receptionist told me no it can't so eventually when a long que had formed in Kiltern try to get to the bottom of this I went to the lady I was get the prescription for to find out that her inhalers which is what the prescription is for had been delivered on tuesday , and no one at kiltern had a clue, its now happened twice where we have had to run round to try to locate a prescription could you please all get together and sort out what you lot are doing because I don't think you have any idea

Visited in June 2012. Posted on 15 May 2014

Excellent service

I was offered an appointment with GP on the day I rang. GP was thorough and clear in what would happen next. Required a blood test and given an appointment within 2 days of GP appointment. Nurse was kind and considerate and extremely professional. Reception staff were helpful and welcoming.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

You can never get an appointment. Told conflicting things by different receptionists. Some say appointments are released 1 week in advance, others say on the day. You ring from 8am constantly, get through to someone half an hour later and are then told all the appointments for that day are gone?! within half an hour?! Ridiculous. Get some more doctors.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 13 March 2014

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Two Appointments within 30 mins

Following a stay in Hospital I needed to have my dressing checked & also a blood test

I was able to get 2 appointments close together