The Kiltearn Medical Ctr.

01270610200 Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street , Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 2 stars

Unhappy with my visit this morning

I came to see Dr today. I immediately felt rushed the moment they called my name. By the time i reached the door they'd already taken a seat and was very quick. I felt like every time i spoke, they were like ' ok ok ok ' cutting me off in my sentence. Not once was i able to finish my sentence without them interrupting me. They didn't appreciate my concern at all. They have booked me in for a couple of appointments for various reasons but i didn't know when, who, where, what i was doing at all. I didn't cover an important aspect of why i went in because i felt like i was just getting kicked out the door. At one point i very nearly said ' would you like me to leave? ' but i bit my tongue.

I really do appreciate that doctors are busy and they listen to so much throughout the day but this appointment was first thing in the morning so there was no reason to be like that with me. I was also very early to the doctors so they took me in 10 minutes prior to my actual appointment, so surely they actually had longer to sit and listen to me but nope.

Feel very uncared for.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 August 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 14 August 2017

Dear Patient
I am terribly sorry that you feel that you were rushed in your appointment. If you could contact me at the Practice or email me at sarahburchell@nhs.net, I would like to take a few more details from you about your experience. Many thanks Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Chris gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 5 stars

Next Day Appointment .

After the gloomy prognostications in the media was delighted to find an appointment at 07:10 am the following morning

I booked the appointment using my mobile

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Alan gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 1 stars

Booking appointments

It's impossible to book an appointment to see a doctor in this practice. Take this morning as an example. Starting 8am I rang the number 15 times. Yes that's 15 ! On eventually getting an in engaged line I was told all appointments were taken for today, but if I rang back at 12 I might be given one after 4pm. So I rang back at 12. This time 5 tries to get through, only to be told all appointments were again taken. In my experience today is not unusual. Frankly, if this were a business rather than a doctor's surgery it wouldn't survive.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 4 stars

I'm impressed!

I needed a "Last minute" appointment a few days before going on holiday, and, not feeling very optimistic, had a look online (At 2am!) I was very pleasantly surprised to get one for later that day.
Also very pleased with how my medical problem was dealt with. I was offered a self referral for physio, and an hospital appointment within a reasonable time frame.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Poor and rude Administration

I am normally not the type of person to leave a review, however the way I was spoken to during my most recent visit to the practice was unacceptable. I have been with the practice for 20 years and this is the first time I feel that I have been treated badly. To start off with yesterday I tried to arrange an appointment, this task alone took me 66 attempts at calling as the line was constantly busy. Having finally gotten through I was told that there were no more appointments available and that a GP would call me instead, which I was fine with. I was told I would need to come in and fill a temporary patient form as I was returning from university, this task took me 20mins, and in the end I never received a call from the GP. Today I called again to book an appointment, and I also asked why I was never called yesterday, the answer was which, the form I filled in was never filed. I was then given an appointment with the nurse practitioner, and told I needed to fill in another form. When I got to the reception this time around, I was asked to give my name, D.O.B and appointment time. After 10 minutes waiting I was then told that the form had been filed yesterday, and told to take a seat and wait for my appointment. I then sat waiting for my appointment which was 10.50 and when it got 11.15 I went up to the reception desk to ask the reason for the delay. I was talking to a different member of staff, who abruptly snapped to me that I had never signed in and patronisingly said to me that i should have signed in using the computer monitor at the side or come up to the desk. I then informed them that I had spoken to another person at the desk regarding my temporary form and appointment and that they had told me to take a seat and wait for my appointment. I then asked the member of staff, what should I do, and they impatiently said I'm trying to see if the nurse practitioner will see you, I politely asked if they could cancel my appointment, however luckily the nurse practitioner was free to see me. The way I was spoken to by this final member of staff was unnecessary and rude.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 26 June 2017

Dear Patient
I am sorry that you have received a bad experience from your most recent visit to us. I would be grateful if you could get in touch with me by emailing sarahburchell@nhs.net. I hope to get the opportunity to speak to you about your visit. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Francis gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 5 stars

Always try their best

I was disappointed to read such harsh comments regarding the service at Kiltern Medical Centre, whilst I agree that on occasions things sometimes things go wrong but in general the admin staff, reception, medical team all do their utmost to provide an excellent caring professional service.

I have personally been suffering with ill health for years and with their constant support as a team I have made such successful steps forward. Gp's surgeries are not just about how quick "I can obtain my prescriptions"they have a considerate dynamic team of people who are "patient friendly" and I would recommend them fully.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

Bert Bromfield gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 5 stars

Our experience

Both my wife and I are pensioners and only use the surgery when absolutely necessary. We find the staff are always helpful. We may not get to see the same doctor, may only see a nurse practitioner but we have always been treated with care and respect. We appreciate that everyone is very busy and are grateful for their time.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 May 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 25 May 2017

Dear Sir, Thank you for taking the time to place a comment on our comments page. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 5 stars

Overall a good friendly practice

I've never not been able to get an appointment when I have a chest infection, if I can't see a dr face to face I'm dealt with over the phone & given the relevant medication! As a chronic asthmatic this is great!
I did however have an issue trying to book the 6 week check for my baby & I, the staff member was trying to make me wait till he was 10 weeks.
I've found the Doctors, nurses & midwives to be extremely professional, friendly & caring. The only person I've had an issue with was the patient experience manager, (it was an experience!) when trying to make the above 6 week check appointment, I found their manner rude & obnoxious! Had it not been for this experience I would have rated every box as 5 stars!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 05 May 2017

Dear Patient
As you have kept your comment anonymous, I am unable to make contact with you to discuss your comment. Apologies, however, I do not recall a conversation about a six week check with a patient recently. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the surgery so that we may discuss the matter. It is not in my nature to be rude and certainly not obnoxious and am rather taken aback by your comment. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Incompetent Adminstration

In my time at this practice I have never had so many adminstration problems regarding obtaining a repeat prescription, gaining an appointment or any insurance gp reports.
The speed of their administration staff and ability to be able to cope with the tasks at hand is poor. Previous complaints in writing to the practice have been dealt with as far as informing me that they have a lot of patients and short staff. This should be something considered when taking on patients and ensure they have enough administration staff to carry out their responsibility in a suitable and competent way. This needs to be dealt with and the practice should be reviewed by the medical board to facilitate this to avoid other patients suffering the same problems. Especially when it causes undue stress and extra time to achieve something as basic as access to medication that the doctors are willing to prescribe.
I know I am not the only patient with a problem like this having heard several complaints made over the past few months at the reception desk.
I have now reached the conclusion that the only way this will be solved for me personally is to change Practice as despite training new staff they obviously don't have enough. It is a shame as the actually medical care from the nurses and doctors is excellent just let down by the rest.
I hope the NHS reviews the practice and how they operate.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 21 April 2017

Dear Patient
I would welcome the opportunity to address the issues highlighted in your comment. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the Practice, unfortunately, your comment is 'anonymous' and I therefore can not contact you. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Appalling Service

As I have power of Attorney for my aged mother I am writing on her behalf to complain about the continuing difficulties with trying to get an appointment with a doctor on the telephone. At 93 years old, deaf, with a number of serious health issues it is totally unreasonable to expect her to make repeated telephone calls at 8.00 in the morning. This job has now fallen on her already overworked carer. The situation is now untenable and cannot continue.
Another issue is the general attitude which appears to be endemic now at the practices's point of contact. Curt and unhelpful staff, quick with excuses, who show no interest and do nothing to help get her an appointment. When she has managed to get one, she is not given enough time to discuss her problems and is told she only has 8 minutes and should make another appointment to see the doctor again with her other problems. If she is in the surgery she has tried to make an appointment for this purpose but is told she will have to ring from 8.00 am in the morning to do this.. Here we go again!!
It quite clearly states on your website (Google and Facebook) that you can pre book appointments with a doctor of your choice, in person at the reception desk or on the phone after 13.00 pm. This is clearly not the case and is a misrepresentation of the facts. Also I find it most interesting that you are advertising for new patients to register at The Kiltearn Centre which is incomprehensible when quite frankly you cannot cope in offering even a basic level of service to your existing patients, who have to wait in excess of 2 weeks to get an appointment.
My mother has waited 6 weeks now with 2 cancelled appointments to get a referral letter for the hospital eye clinic to be put on a waiting list for cataract surgery. Once out of sight out of mind or perhaps you are hoping she will just go away.
I am not the only person who thinks you need to review your management, your staffing and your administration which are clearly not fit for purpose.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 10 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss your points raised in your comments as above. If you could call into/ telephone the surgery and ask to speak to myself, I assure you, we can take your issue forward. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager