Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

julie gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Great support and understanding

my son has complexed needs and sometimes it can be a daunting taking him to see the doctor as the appointment is usually required fairly quickly
he was seen today by the emergency doctor who in light of having a very busy morning a a very tight appointment schedule to adhere to, offered my son a comprehensive consultation their approach was both reassuring and empathetic.
I just want to say Thank you this means a great deal as this also helps to ease family pressures

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 20 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on our services. Patient feedback is very important to us good or bad! Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Advice required.

I was wondering for much longer we'll be unable to pre-book appointments either on-line or by telephone.
Last Friday 27/03/15 I called at 8am to try to see my doctor that day only to told that they were fully booked, looking on EMIS at the same time their name didn't appear. If you can't pre-book appointments how could they be fully booked at 2 mins past 8am? I was offered an appointment with another (which I declined as I wanted to see a my doctor Dr), but their name also didn't appear on the EMIS listings.
Please bring back the old system where we can book in advance. It gives peace of mind even if you have to wait a few days.

I know Dmy doctor only works part time and they are very popular owing to their caring and professional nature. They are always cheerful and takes a genuine interest towards your health.

I will attempt to see them this week.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 20 April 2015

Dear Patient
I am pleased to let you know that the pre booking system has now been re-introduced. The only change from the old system to the new system is that the pre-boiokable appointments will be released at 1.p.m. in the afternoon instead of at 8:00a.m. This is to reduce the pressure on our telephone system in the morning and to allow patient calls to be spread more evenly throughout the day. Please contact me at the surgery if you wish to discuss this issue further. Sarah Burchell, Access Lead.

Bob Harding gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

appointments

The GP care at this surgery and follow up referrals is excellent, getting an appointment with your GP of choice, when you require it, is impossible. Receptionists seem to think that they are in charge, It is easier to telephone the Kremlin or White House than it is to contact this surgery and arrange an appointment. I don't phone very often during the year, but when I do telephone, I am ill, or have a medical problem which needs to be addressed today, not in three - four weeks time. The appointment system at this surgery needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and sorted out. If not, perhaps the ombudsman can sort things out!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2015

We are sorry that you have found it difficult to make contact with the practice. The GP partners are aware of the current issues relating to access and have implemented a working group with CCG reprentation to address these matters.

Stephen Coines gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Better and better

Since my previous comment, where I had the courage of my convictions to add my name, I was very politely invited to see the Practice Management at Kiltearn Medical Centre to discuss the points raised in my previous comment. They spent nearly an hour with me going through the way the system works and I was entirely satisfied with the way my comment was treated and the subsequent response and meeting with the management, which was very reassuring. I would like to point out that whilst it appears difficult to get through to the surgery on the telephone to make an appointment, there are at least 6 lines attached to the same number and because of the popularity of the medical practice as a whole and the service that is given, it is agreed that sometimes it is difficult to get through. This is nobody's fault. I would advise anybody who has any concerns or complaints about Kiltearn Medical Practice, that their first step should be to contact the management, who have many years experience in their profession. They take peoples comments, good or bad, very seriously and is totally dedicated to their post and any queries will be dealt with professionally, courteously and expeditiously.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 06 February 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Chris gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Telephone Help

I needed to phone Kiltearn today on behalf of an elderly lady ,

I got through on the phone straight away

the receptionist was very helpful and patient despite the fact that I was giving them a garbled tale !
Couldn't remember the exact house number nor was I certain of the spelling of the ladies surname
In the end I had to phone the lady to check her date of birth but the receptionist was brilliant
The nurse spoke to the lady and arranged for her to see the doctor within a couple of hours

Well Done Kiltearn

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 February 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to place your very positive comment onto NHS Choices and that your issue was dealt with swiftly.

Stephen Coines gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worse and worse

Telephone lines open at 0800 and after 20 attempts I was unable to get an appointment with a doctor I wanted to see, could only see a locum, who knew little or nothing about my conditions: it's no wonder they can't keep their staff, the receptionists generally sour-faced and miserable, repeat Prescriptions do take 7 days, the overall service is dismal but faced with Hobsons Choice something is better than nothing. The service has taken a dramatic downward spiral since a doctor left.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 January 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Too busy!

I personally have not had much trouble in getting an appointment, but I very rarely need to. My Mother on the other hand has been extremely unwell and has now been diagnosed with Two serious illnesses, One requiring surgery. Although Doctors at Kiltearn are highly professional, the reception staff are something else! Like most comments I have read it is near impossible to get suitable appointments. I literally had to 'jump through hoops' just to get a doctor to phone my Mother, after which the doctor decided she needed an appointment. Of course the receptionist said 'no'. After explaining Mother needed to pre arrange due to needing someone to go with her and arrange transport to the surgery, they still said 'no', after this second 'no' I was extremely angry and frustrated and hung up! Funny thing was, less than an hour later they phoned back with an appointment. I understand the receptionists are only doing there job and can't give you something that doesn't exist, but it is there attitude and unwillingness to help and understand that is the main problem. Most people don't like having to go to the doctors, it's not a day trip, but we have to when unwell, so the frustration caused by engaged phone lines, inability to get appointments and unhelpful staff, can only add to people's ill health, which I think is the main point, we want to go to the doctors to help get better, not to feel worse!!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 December 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 15 December 2014

Dear Patient, I wonder if you would be happy to speak to myself regarding your comments as above with regard to your patient experience. My email is sarahburchell@nhs.net, I am currently working with the GP's regarding access and wouild welcome a discussion with you. Sarah

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Find another practice if you can. Service here is shocking

Getting through on the phones is a nightmare. You can try sometimes for hours just hitting redial and getting nothing but an engaged tone. Why you wonder dont you just try later or at a different time? The surgery dont offer pre bookable appointments so you have to call in the morning to get one. Once they are gone thats it. Just "you will have to try back in the morning or you can come in and wait" and you are back where you started from. No exceptions unless its an emergency and then you are told if the doctor does not think its an emergency you will be charged for it. No I am not kidding. As a patient with long standing medical condition this it just very hard to deal with. As for prescriptions these are often wrong, items on repeat order are often swapped for different versions without consultation. We have been sent repeated letters to take our child for the vaccinations they get when little including things like the MMR on more than 4 occasions now and these were administered by the practice who dont seam to be able to tie their own paperwork with the computer records or common sense. The list just keeps going but trust me, if you have a choice and have the time to look at another practice I advise doing it although there are not many options in the area.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 29 December 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2015

Dear Patient
I am sorry to read that you are so very unhappy with the services provided at Kiltearn. Please could you contact me to discuss your issues further. Dianne Price, Practice Manager

Pat & Alan Walker gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Tested and not found wanting

Thank you all for all your heap over the last 2 months. Whilst we've had to cope with unexpected health problems we have been most grateful for your expertise, everyone has
been most kind and supportive.This is the NHS at its best.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 January 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 19 January 2015

Thank you for taking time out to comment on NHS Choices. Your patient experience views are very important to us. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

How do you get an appointment?

What I liked

Start at 07.59 and hit redial continuously until 08.30 When the phone gets answered you are told there are no appointments ring back tomorrow. Internet emis booking service appears to have been abandoned. It really has gone beyond a joke.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 December 2014

We apologise that you have had difficulties in making contact with the Practice. We are aware of the situation and working towards changes. Kiltearn Medical Centre