Kiltearn Medical Centre

01270 610200 Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street , Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Appointments / lack of customer care

Yet again I am appalled by the service received ..
I have called everyday this week trying to get an appointment finally manage one today at 11-38 with a particular doctor ( didn't really want to see this doctor as they have previously authorised a prescription for my son , prescribing anti depressants to a child in error, prescription meant for someone else )
Finally saw Doctor at 12-40 , started to explain my symptoms when quite rudely interrupted to be told had 6 minutes only!
They then spent half the time saying how busy they were, I was not given any time to discuss my concerns at all , I have had to make another appointment to see another Doctor.
Far too many concerns with this practice so have finally completed the required forms to move to another practice where hopefully they put customer care at the top of the list .
Do not register here.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 February 2016

Dear Patient, I am sorry that you have had a bad experience. I can assure you that customer care is at the top of our priority list as a practice. I note that you have now left the Practice. If you feel that you would like to discuss this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me on 610200. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Lorraine Thompson reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Whats happened !!!

I just dont know whats happened to the appointment system, when you call for a appointment its emergencies only ,what does this mean ?your dying ?
Last week i received a text saying my appointment was at 9.55 am that morning. I called surgery to say i had not booked one they left me hanging on the phone while they found out after two calls later. it was a error. Although they said i need make a appointment the doctor needed to speak to me re chest x ray. I could have used the mistaken one that day but i had missed it through them keeping me hanging on the phone.
I have called this morning for a appointment for an ongoing bad chest , I was told to call at 1 pm i might get one for a friday in one,two, three weeks time?

Regards Lorraine Thompson

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 12 February 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

An attempt at getting an appointment

After over 100 attempts to get through on the telephone for an appointment, I was told by the receptionist that only emergency appointments are available, I requested one of these, was then asked what my problem was, having already noted that it was a personal problem and didn't really want to discuss it with more people than necessary, it was decided that I couldn't have an appointment unless I did discuss it. The decision was then made by the reception staff that my ailment did not require a doctors appointment, I was given a nurse appointment without any choices and the phone was put down.
Being as I am a fully qualified staff nurse with several qualifications in the field where my nature of the problem lies I feel I maybe wasting this nurses time when I arrive!
Absolutely disgusting service led by gatekeepers at the reception desk, who have very little empathy and lack of understanding......
Made notes of people's names and will be contacting the care quality commission soon as.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 05 January 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 06 January 2016

Dear Patient
I am sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience at the Practice. I would really appreciate it if you would contact me directly regarding your issue so that I may investigate the situation. My email address is sarahburchell@nhs.net and I am the Patient Experience Manager for the Practice. Unfortunately, as your comment is anonymous, I am unable to contact you. I look forward to speaking with you. Sarah Burchell

Broken Appointment system and misinformation

I am horrified by the poor reception system, Patients are obliged to go into details about the nature of their condition in order to see a doctor and an unqualified arrogant receptionist decides if you can have an appointment. There is very little chance of securing a non urgent appointment so patients are obliged to call up and request an urgent appointment and take time off work rather than plan ahead so as to leave those appointments available for real emergencies. I have been advised that the online EMIS system used widely for on line appointment booking is available for patients to register but when you ask for a form and try to register I am told this practice does not support the system. Why is that regular repeat prescriptions can only be collected on an exactly monthly basis - this is really a problem for those of us who travel a lot - not even a day overlap is 'allowed' what are we supposed to do on a3-4 week holiday or business trip - ghastly ptractice

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 06 January 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 07 January 2016

Dear Patient
Please could you contact me directly to discuss your issues. Alot of the information that you state in your comment is untrue. I would appreciate it if you could email me directly on sarahburchell@nhs.net to take this matter forward. Many thanks Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

John McCormick gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Advanced Nurse Practitioner

Recently, I was invited to attend a review of my treatreatment for rhuematoid arthritis. This was conducted by the Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I found the Advanced Nurse Practitioner to be an extremely pleasant individual and very attentive. They conducted a rigorous review of my treatment and condition and also of my general health, liasing with the appropriate hospital departments as required whilst I was there. I left the consultation feeling that my condition is being monitored and managed dilligently and effectively.

Thank you to all concerned.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 06 November 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 09 November 2015

Dear Patient
I was really happy to read your response regarding Martin Heaps, our Advacned Nurse Practitioner. Martin is an excellent addition to our Practice Team!! Thank you for taking the time to add your positive comments onto NHS Choices.

Regards Sarah Burchell
Patient Experience Manager

Very poor access

Difficult to get any kind of appointment and reception staff unhelpful we will be changing practices

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 07 November 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 09 November 2015

Dear Patient
I am sorry you have found it difficult to obtain an appointment. I would appreciate it if you could find the time to contact me to discuss your issues Please email sarahburchell@nhs.net. Many thanks in advance. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

appointment system.

Fighting for an appointment is absolutely insane. I would like to know who is responsible for this system and why it was implemented. Whilst the service is generally good, when you can get an appointment, lots of people must not be attending because of this system. For emergencies with the kids, no problem. But for minor ailments, it can be much more difficult.

Not everyone has internet access, so that reduces their odds of getting an appointment by 50% straight away. Large groups of people (the elderly for one) are at a distinct disadvantage here and this seems completely unfair, even discriminatory.

A friend at the local A&E tells me that lots of people turn up there with problems they should be visiting a GP for. Has anyone properly investigated the impact of booking systems like this on A&E turnout? They should if not.

So, who can tell me why we have to put up with the fastest finger first system and why we can't book an appointment for the following day? Thanks.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 14 December 2015

Dear Patient. I would be very grateful if you could respond to me directly with your contact details. As your comment has been marked 'anonymous', I am unable to contact you. If you would be happy to discuss the issues which you have with the Practice with me, I look forward to hearing from you. Please email sarahburchell@nhs.net. Many thanks in advance Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manger

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Flu jabs

Just visited surgery on a Saturday morning for our flu jabs. What a delightful experience- met with a cheery smile by a volunteer to check I was in right place at right time. Told where to sit and within minutes was called through. Delightful and extremely efficient nurse gave me the jab (I didn't feel a thing!) All done and dusted within five minutes.
Thank you.
How wonderful it would be if you turn your attention to our making a general appointment with such efficiency!!

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 03 October 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 07 October 2015

Dear Patient
I am really pleased to note that you had a postiive experience during our Flu Session last Saturday morning. The practice works very hard each year to fulfil its duties to provide an efficient flu campaign. I was not so happy to read that have had trouble organising an appointment. Perhaps if you could contact me to ellaborate on your experience by contacting me directly at sarahburchell@nhs.net or when you are next in the surgery by asking to see me? Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Geoff Elliott gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Flu jab

Arrived at the surgery at the times allocated, and was in, jabbed and out in five minutes. Very good. That's it for another year.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 06 October 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 08 October 2015

Dear Patient
Thanks for the positive feedback on the flu campaign for this year. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be passed onto the staff organising the sessions. Sarah Burchell, Patient Engagement Manager

Bill Hamilton reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Feedback on Flu injection organisation last Saturday morning

Thank you for giving my wife and I the opportunity to comment on the flu injection organisation last Saturday morning. We are both agreed that the organisation was well planned and the staff were super efficient making sure all was taking place very efficiently and patients were treated in accordance with their arrival.

On reflection we could not make any suggestions to improve the organisation.

Please pass on our thanks to the staff who planned it and were on site to make sure it worked well.

again many thanks and well done

Bill and Eileen Hamilton

feel free to use my e-mail address at your convenience for any contact

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 06 October 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 08 October 2015

Dear Mr & Mrs Hamilton
Thank you for such a lovely comment regarding our Flu campaign. I have passed on your comments to the GP Partners and the Flu Campaign Team. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.