Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

This GP surgery has not been rated yet.

n/a

No recommendations

This GP surgery has not been rated yet.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Too busy!

I personally have not had much trouble in getting an appointment, but I very rarely need to. My Mother on the other hand has been extremely unwell and has now been diagnosed with Two serious illnesses, One requiring surgery. Although Doctors at Kiltearn are highly professional, the reception staff are something else! Like most comments I have read it is near impossible to get suitable appointments. I literally had to 'jump through hoops' just to get a doctor to phone my Mother, after which the doctor decided she needed an appointment. Of course the receptionist said 'no'. After explaining Mother needed to pre arrange due to needing someone to go with her and arrange transport to the surgery, they still said 'no', after this second 'no' I was extremely angry and frustrated and hung up! Funny thing was, less than an hour later they phoned back with an appointment. I understand the receptionists are only doing there job and can't give you something that doesn't exist, but it is there attitude and unwillingness to help and understand that is the main problem. Most people don't like having to go to the doctors, it's not a day trip, but we have to when unwell, so the frustration caused by engaged phone lines, inability to get appointments and unhelpful staff, can only add to people's ill health, which I think is the main point, we want to go to the doctors to help get better, not to feel worse!!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 December 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 15 December 2014

Dear Patient, I wonder if you would be happy to speak to myself regarding your comments as above with regard to your patient experience. My email is sarahburchell@nhs.net, I am currently working with the GP's regarding access and wouild welcome a discussion with you. Sarah

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Find another practice if you can. Service here is shocking

Getting through on the phones is a nightmare. You can try sometimes for hours just hitting redial and getting nothing but an engaged tone. Why you wonder dont you just try later or at a different time? The surgery dont offer pre bookable appointments so you have to call in the morning to get one. Once they are gone thats it. Just "you will have to try back in the morning or you can come in and wait" and you are back where you started from. No exceptions unless its an emergency and then you are told if the doctor does not think its an emergency you will be charged for it. No I am not kidding. As a patient with long standing medical condition this it just very hard to deal with. As for prescriptions these are often wrong, items on repeat order are often swapped for different versions without consultation. We have been sent repeated letters to take our child for the vaccinations they get when little including things like the MMR on more than 4 occasions now and these were administered by the practice who dont seam to be able to tie their own paperwork with the computer records or common sense. The list just keeps going but trust me, if you have a choice and have the time to look at another practice I advise doing it although there are not many options in the area.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 29 December 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2015

Dear Patient
I am sorry to read that you are so very unhappy with the services provided at Kiltearn. Please could you contact me to discuss your issues further. Dianne Price, Practice Manager

Pat & Alan Walker gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Tested and not found wanting

Thank you all for all your heap over the last 2 months. Whilst we've had to cope with unexpected health problems we have been most grateful for your expertise, everyone has
been most kind and supportive.This is the NHS at its best.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 January 2015

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 19 January 2015

Thank you for taking time out to comment on NHS Choices. Your patient experience views are very important to us. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

How do you get an appointment?

What I liked

Start at 07.59 and hit redial continuously until 08.30 When the phone gets answered you are told there are no appointments ring back tomorrow. Internet emis booking service appears to have been abandoned. It really has gone beyond a joke.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 December 2014

We apologise that you have had difficulties in making contact with the Practice. We are aware of the situation and working towards changes. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Exemplary care

The care and attention provided to me by my GP has been exceptional!!

The doctor has afforded me a level of empathy seldom seen in this current target driven healthcare climate, being completely transparent allowing me to be fully involved in each decision to help me subscribe to the correct diagnosis and treatment pathway. the doctor worked diligently to ensure that this has been done in a timely fashion.

A practitioner like My GP is everything that is right with primary care, I can't thank them enough for their exemplary care professionalism. As an allied health professional myself, I know of the immense pressures that general practitioners currently face from both the government and the general public, often with very little appreciation afforded to these highly educated, dedicated professionals.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 22 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 02 December 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments. Patient experience is very important to us and thank you for taking the time to make these comments on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception & Prescriptions

Some reception staff can be very surly. The new system of repeat prescriptions is a joke. Used to take 2 days to get a repeat now takes 7 days, how is that more efficient.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 02 December 2014

We are sorry that you have not had a good patient experience when attending the practice. Your comments about our reception staff have been noted and will be spoken about at the next staff meeting. With regards to your comments about repeat prescriptions, we are now pleased to report that we are 'back on track' within our repeat prescribing team and that the 7 days notice has now been lifted.

Well looked after

After a year of health issues and several visits to the GP I wanted to leave some feedback on the care I've received at Kiltearn, by way of a thank you for the kindness and understanding of the doctors I've seen. (the most recent being to the doctor this afternoon!) Although making an appointment can require some persistence at 8am I've always been able to be seen the same day, and each time have left the consultation feeling that my concerns have been listened to and addressed. Where necessary I've been referred for onward consultations without hesitation, and I generally feel both fortunate and grateful to have access to such efficient and empathetic care. (Thank you!)

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 14 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 03 December 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Patient experience is very important to us. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

I have been a patient at Kiltearn for seventeen years and have never had a problem accessing an appointment, in fact last week I was offered three different times and asked which suited me best!!
Unfortunately in the past two weeks I have seen two GP,s and whilst accessing these appointments the reception staff treated me with dignity and respect .
This morning I was fortunate enough to see the duty GP and left feeling I had received a professional and thorough consultation.
Following this I had bloods taken by an equally professional healthcare assistant and would like to say thank you to all the staff at Kiltearn .

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 December 2014

Thank you so much for your very postitive feedback on the service that you have received from all of the staff at Kiltearn, especially during that last two weeks. Patient experience is very important to the practice and we are working very hard to improve access for our patients. Your feedback proves that the small changes that we have made so far are working!

Apauling attitude

I am new to the area and went to register, the receptionist made my decision very easy, not to register at Kiltearn! Whilst on the phone to someone and dealing with another patient, the receptionist barked at me to stand back and give the patient in front of me more privacy. I fully understand people's needs for privacy at the GPs, however, there was no particular marking for me to judge what the receptionist felt was appropriate, I felt where I was stood was more than acceptable, especially seeing as the receptionist had to raise their voice to 'communicate' with me, if I was too close they wouldnt have felt the need to raise their tone, also, a please and thank you may have helped, it was clear the receptionist was trying to make an example of me and was just down right rude, they embarrassed the lady in front of me, angered me, and embarrassed themself and your practice. I shall not be registering at Kiltearn.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 06 November 2014

We are sorry to hear that you felt that you were not treated with respect whilst trying to register with us. This incident will be discussed at our next staff meeting. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Service with a smile

Whilst passing through town, I was desperately in need of a prescription. The receptionist on the desk arrange for it to be signed immediately. First class service :)

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 11 November 2014

Thank you for placing your comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased that your issue was resolved quickly. Kiltearn Medical Centre