Kiltearn Medical Centre

01270 610200 Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street , Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX

Incompetent Adminstration

In my time at this practice I have never had so many adminstration problems regarding obtaining a repeat prescription, gaining an appointment or any insurance gp reports.
The speed of their administration staff and ability to be able to cope with the tasks at hand is poor. Previous complaints in writing to the practice have been dealt with as far as informing me that they have a lot of patients and short staff. This should be something considered when taking on patients and ensure they have enough administration staff to carry out their responsibility in a suitable and competent way. This needs to be dealt with and the practice should be reviewed by the medical board to facilitate this to avoid other patients suffering the same problems. Especially when it causes undue stress and extra time to achieve something as basic as access to medication that the doctors are willing to prescribe.
I know I am not the only patient with a problem like this having heard several complaints made over the past few months at the reception desk.
I have now reached the conclusion that the only way this will be solved for me personally is to change Practice as despite training new staff they obviously don't have enough. It is a shame as the actually medical care from the nurses and doctors is excellent just let down by the rest.
I hope the NHS reviews the practice and how they operate.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 21 April 2017

Dear Patient
I would welcome the opportunity to address the issues highlighted in your comment. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the Practice, unfortunately, your comment is 'anonymous' and I therefore can not contact you. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Appalling Service

As I have power of Attorney for my aged mother I am writing on her behalf to complain about the continuing difficulties with trying to get an appointment with a doctor on the telephone. At 93 years old, deaf, with a number of serious health issues it is totally unreasonable to expect her to make repeated telephone calls at 8.00 in the morning. This job has now fallen on her already overworked carer. The situation is now untenable and cannot continue.
Another issue is the general attitude which appears to be endemic now at the practices's point of contact. Curt and unhelpful staff, quick with excuses, who show no interest and do nothing to help get her an appointment. When she has managed to get one, she is not given enough time to discuss her problems and is told she only has 8 minutes and should make another appointment to see the doctor again with her other problems. If she is in the surgery she has tried to make an appointment for this purpose but is told she will have to ring from 8.00 am in the morning to do this.. Here we go again!!
It quite clearly states on your website (Google and Facebook) that you can pre book appointments with a doctor of your choice, in person at the reception desk or on the phone after 13.00 pm. This is clearly not the case and is a misrepresentation of the facts. Also I find it most interesting that you are advertising for new patients to register at The Kiltearn Centre which is incomprehensible when quite frankly you cannot cope in offering even a basic level of service to your existing patients, who have to wait in excess of 2 weeks to get an appointment.
My mother has waited 6 weeks now with 2 cancelled appointments to get a referral letter for the hospital eye clinic to be put on a waiting list for cataract surgery. Once out of sight out of mind or perhaps you are hoping she will just go away.
I am not the only person who thinks you need to review your management, your staffing and your administration which are clearly not fit for purpose.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 10 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss your points raised in your comments as above. If you could call into/ telephone the surgery and ask to speak to myself, I assure you, we can take your issue forward. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Your responce.

Following my harsh review of some recent experiences at The Kiltearn Centre, I wish to thank the management for their rapid response and the professionalism with which the issues raised have been dealt with. I am now confident that the actions which have been put in place will benefit all concerned.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Lisa Clark gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Confused

Since registering in February 2017 I have encountered countless issues with my personal details.
I have been given an additional name and incorrect NHS number and tonight have collected medication with all of these errors on.
What should have been a straightforward move from one surgery to another has been a nightmare and having a detrimental effect on my health not to mention the delay in new medication due to all of this!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Quick and efficient care

Attended minor op appointment, seen on time by Dr and attending nurse who were very pleasant and cheerful and made me feel at ease. Everything explained clearly, treatment carried out quickly and pain free. I am extremely pleased with the care given by all staff at Kilteran Medical Centre.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 02 March 2017

Dear Patient
I am thrilled that you took time out to place such a lovely review of our Minor Op service, here at Kiltearn. I have forwarded your kind comments to all involved. Kind Regards Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Jean Edge gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

excellent practice

My doctor is a concientious caring and very hard working GP along with all the other GP,s in our practice.A well organised and efficient environment which gives patients plenty of choice. The surgery opens Sat am and the local hospital runs an GP clinic for all emergencies when the practice is closed.This works well and there is no reason to force Sun opening,

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 25 January 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Backward

I have read the reviews and they accurately reflect my own and my family's experience. Why does this practise not actively support the on line booking service to help cut down the need to phone in to get an appointment?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 December 2016

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 12 December 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the NHS Choices site. I can assure you that the Practice does support the on line booking service. We place as many appointments as we can onto the system, however, we also need to keep some back as not all of our patients have computers. Kiltearn Medical Centre as a higher than average demographic of elderly people on our patient list and therefore, it would be unfair to offer just appointments via the web. I hope that you understand that we have to treat everyone fairly.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Stark contrast

A few weeks ago after much frustration in trying get an appointment I left a one star review. This morning I rang and I got through first time and was offered an appointment for my child within the hour. The receptionist could not have been more helpful or kinder. The nurse was great. We were seen quickly. Credit where it is due. The service today was great. Thank you.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased to know that your patient journey was a positive one this time around. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

No evidence of improvement

Having read online that the telephone system had been improved i felt optimistic. In the past my experience of getting an appointment here has been dreadful. I rang at 8am this morning and rang repeatdedly until 8:15. When i got through at 8:15 I was told there were no phone on day appointments, the nurse is off sick. Sorry. I have to try another day as my childs illness does not classify as an emergency. (I was asked to explain the problem to the receptionist!) I felt sorry for the person on the phone. They sounded like they were about to cry. I feel the same! I'm so grateful my family are not ill often. In what world does this system work? The fact that this surgery has a customer experience manager checking all reviews say it all!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Dear Patient
After many months of research and investigation, the GP Partners have invested in a new telephone system for the Practice. The switch over to the new system has not been as smooth as the Practice was hoping for. There have been technical difficulties with our server, something that we could not have prepared for. We apologise to our patients for any difficulty that they are experiencing at the present time, however, the new system, once embedded, will be a significant improvement on the last. Please contact the surgery direct and ask to speak with me if you would like to discuss this matter further. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

JenR gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

General health & wellbeing

Have always received first class professional service from both doctors, medical & administrative staff. As busy working person I value being able to get appointments that fit around my professional needs.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for your very positive comments about the service here at Kiltearn and thank you for taking the time to post such feedback on NHS Choices. Kind regards

Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager