Kiltearn Medical Centre

Telephone: 01270 610200
Address: Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX
Website: http://www.kiltearnmedicalcentre.nhs.uk

Apauling attitude

I am new to the area and went to register, the receptionist made my decision very easy, not to register at Kiltearn! Whilst on the phone to someone and dealing with another patient, the receptionist barked at me to stand back and give the patient in front of me more privacy. I fully understand people's needs for privacy at the GPs, however, there was no particular marking for me to judge what the receptionist felt was appropriate, I felt where I was stood was more than acceptable, especially seeing as the receptionist had to raise their voice to 'communicate' with me, if I was too close they wouldnt have felt the need to raise their tone, also, a please and thank you may have helped, it was clear the receptionist was trying to make an example of me and was just down right rude, they embarrassed the lady in front of me, angered me, and embarrassed themself and your practice. I shall not be registering at Kiltearn.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 06 November 2014

We are sorry to hear that you felt that you were not treated with respect whilst trying to register with us. This incident will be discussed at our next staff meeting. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Service with a smile

Whilst passing through town, I was desperately in need of a prescription. The receptionist on the desk arrange for it to be signed immediately. First class service :)

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 11 November 2014

Thank you for placing your comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased that your issue was resolved quickly. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Booking appointments

It is impossible to now make a booking with this surgery. You use to be able to make a booking in advance on line to see a doctor, now there are never any on line appointments available to book. So, you ring the surgery only to be told that you cannot book up an appointment in advance, ring back tomorrow morning at 0800. Having finally got through by 0815 you will then be told that there are now fully booked up. This surgery is not fit for purpose.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2014

The practice is aware that Patients may find it more difficult to obtain appointments. This is due to the departure of Dr M Durow and Dr M McKavanagh. As an interim arrangement, the GP Partners have made the decision to not offer pre bookable appointments and to only offer 'book on the day' appointments. We are in the process of appointing a new GP to Kiltearn and are awaiting confirmation of start dates etc. We ask that our patients please bear with us as normal service with the appointments system will be resumed shortly.

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

How do you get an appointment?

What I liked

Start at 07.59 and hit redial continuously until 08.30 When the phone gets answered you are told there are no appointments ring back tomorrow. Internet emis booking service appears to have been abandoned. It really has gone beyond a joke.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Flu Jab 2014

Pleased to comment that this years organisation was excellent. We were in and out in about 15 minutes compared with last years 30 minutes queuing in the cold and another 30 minutes queuing inside.
Well done.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 16 October 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. Patient experience is very important to us. Kiltearn Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Flu vaccination

Well organised winter flu vaccinations in 2014. I was in and out of the surgery within 20 minutes.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 19 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 20 October 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. Kiltearn Medical Centre

John McCormick reviewed Kiltearn Medical Centre

Flu vaccination programme

We were invited by mail to atend the flu vaccination event taking place at Kiltearn Medical Centre on 18 Oct 2014. The whole process was very slick. From presenting our invites at the main entrance reception to departing the premises having been vaccinated was just over 5 minutes for both my wife and me. A big thank you to the reception staff and doctors, a well organised and executed evolution.

Well done Kiltearn

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2014

Thank you for your very kind feedback towards our 2014 Flu Campaign. Your generous comments have been circulated to all involved. It was certainly a team effort!!

John McILwraith gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

flu jab

organisation of the system was just great this year and we "flew" through the surgery in just 5 minutes. Please keep this system for all such "mass" patient programs

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 21 October 2014

Thank you for your very positive feedback on our flu campaign this year, your comments have been passed on to all involved with this years campaign. Kiltearn Medical Centre

R gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor service, poor surgery

I have been with this surgery all my life and yet now i think it is the worse it has ever been. The majority of the doctors are brilliant and their care very good. However, it is the front line staff where there is the problem. To get any appointment - even a follow up - you have to phone on the day. When Eventually you get through there are typically no appointments left and you get greeted by the most unhelpful office staff ever (most sound like they don't even want to be there!). If you ever have to visit the surgery you again are greeted by one lone receptionist (and a massive queue!) whist the back office is packed full of staff.
They just don't seem to possess any concept of "customer service", manners and how it is to be a patient. Absolutely awful and if it wasn't for the GP's i would have left years ago!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 24 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2014

I am sorry that your recent patient experience at Kiltearn was a negative one. If I may address your issues one at a time.

The practice is aware that Patients may find it more difficult to obtain appointments, due to the departure of Dr M Durow. As an interim arrangement, until a new Salaried GP can be appointed, the GP Partners have made the decision to not offer pre bookable appointments and to only offer 'book on the day' appointments until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience this decision has caused.

Receptionists
All of our receptionists are expected to provide an efficient and effectice service and to provide a positive patient experience. They all undertake a high level of training relating to customer service. However, they also work under a great deal of pressure, all of the time and it is sometimes viewed that they are being obstructive or unhelpful, when patients are trying to, for example, to book appointments that are just not there to be booked. Your comments however, have been taken on board and will be highlighted and addressed at the next staff meeting. The GP Partners have also listened to feedback received from the Patient Survey and where staff constraints allow us, have placed more than one receptionist on the front desk to serve our patients.

If you remain unhappy with the service that is provided to you by Kiltearn Medical Centre, please do not hesitate to contact our Practice Manager, Dianne Price, who will be happy to meet with you to discuss your issues further.

Martyn Rowley gave Kiltearn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Annual flu jab

This is just to comment that as far as I am concerned this went very well this year...as opposed to some problems previously. Well organised. White board outside the main door, meet and greet inside and upstairs, walk straight in and out again within 2-3 minutes. Back home in no time. Maybe I was lucky but you could not ask for a better experience than that. Also, everyone cheerful and pleasant. Well done on this occasion! Martyn Rowley.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 25 October 2014

Kiltearn Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2014

Thank you Mr Rowley for your positive feedback around this years Flu Campaign. The team involved in organising this years process have worked very hard on improving patient experience and your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.