Derby Medical Centre

Address: 8 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG
Website: www.derbymedicalcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Absolutely dreadful reception

I really like my GP at this practice but the reception staff is horrid. I don't believe I have ever encountered a worse reception anywhere. They are rude and ill tempered and I am considering finding a new surgery based solely on the reception staff, as I simply don't feel welcome when I walk through the doors. Asking questions is obviously not allowed and when thanking them for their help (not that they are willingly helpful) they do not even respond. No one wants to visit a GP, but a friendly face at the front door goes a long way to improve an experience.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 18 August 2014

zebadee73 gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Fantastic doctors, unforgivably poor receptionist staff

The doctors in this surgery are above reproach, you will be treated with dignity, respect and by people who have a solid base in medical experience coupled with diagnostic knowledge. Unfortunately the reception staff are useless so much so that I am considering leaving the surgery.

They are rude, arrogent and for some reason seem to retain their jobs. I will admit that people who are ill are seldom the most accomodating, however, those who deal with ill paople all the time (i.e. the doctors) should be able to temper the way in which they deal with people.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 09 May 2014

lau gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

awaiting outcome of letter from two months ago

Im trying to get a simple blood test for my child whom may be lacking in something that affects his mood swings and this surgery cannot help they keep pushing me back to camhs who also cannot help any further. My child school is also on my side. So it seems that there is lack of help for children services. I'm considering moving surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 May 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible Terrible Terrible Receptionists.

So glad I've swapped GPs. Shame as the doctors are fantastic, the receptionists however are rude, snappy and don't ever seem to know what they are doing

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good once you know how the system works

I've been visiting the same GP at this practice for 20 years and feel reassured by their thoroughness and desire to get problems sorted. Once you know how the appointments system works, it's reasonably easy to get an appointment when you need one. However, the receptionists do not explain the system to patients and could probably help the situation by engaging with patients more. Overall I have a good experience at the practice but it is let down by reception.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 18 February 2014

Anonymous reviewed Derby Medical Centre

Great Doctors, not so great reception staff.

The Doctors at this practice are very good and although I prefer to see the same GP when possible I have also seen two others who have been equally good. They all have a great bedside manner and are patient and understanding.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the reception staff. They are abrupt to the point of being rude and the fact that you have to tell them why you want to see the doctor so that they can decide if you are worthy of being seen is intrusive. Recently I was waiting for an appointment and one of the phones was ringing for 5 minutes non stop while the staff discussed what presents they had got for Christmas at the front desk so it is no wonder it takes an age to get through to speak to anyone on the phone. They speak to you as though you are disturbing their day and although I understand they must have to deal with some unpleasant people at times their attitude gets your heckles up very quickly.

I think this practice must have too many patients or maybe my doctor because they are so good because last month I rang at 8am and the phone was answered at 8.06 when I was told that there were no appointments left with my GP! how is this possible? were all 4 of the people in the phone queue ahead of me wanting to see my GP?

I would recommend the doctors to a friend but the reception staff need to have their people skills improved.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 09 January 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Doctors are great - receptionists are not!

I cannot fault the service I have received over a significant number of years from my own doctor here and others (when my own Dr has not been available). However, the attitude of the receptionists leaves a lot to be desired. Whilst I appreciate that they sometimes have to deal with difficult patients, there is no need for them to be so rude and off hand to patients who have been polite to them. I do not expect to have to discuss why I want to see a Dr with a receptionist - that is between myself and the Dr. The receptionists behave as if you are interrupting them (it is their job to answer the phone or deal with people at reception!). It is such a pity that the overall impression of this practice is marred by their attitude - the doctors are superb, but are let down by the poor attitude of their receptionists.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 04 November 2013

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery I have ever been registered at

I can honestly say that this is the worst surgery I have ever been registered at. I have a lot of respect for the NHS and its staff but this needs to be said.

The reception staff come across as rude, disinterested and, on occasion, outright hostile. They cannot wait to get you off the phone and will throw paperwork over the counter at you. I know they have a tough job to do but, frankly, I have never known anything like it.

Of the three doctors that I have seen , only one gave an acceptable level of care on an appointment. Further I have had an appointment with a nurse who would have struggled to care less.

Very little privacy at the reception desk when discussing personal information.

Surgery carpet and seating grubby.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 10 October 2013

Derby Medical Centre replied on 10 October 2013

I have recieved your email via NHS Choices website. I am not aware that you are unhappy with our surgery as I have not recieved any communication from you accept this email. Would you like to contact me on 01372 726361 and ask for myself and I would be happy to discuss our concerns. Mrs Harwood Practice Manager

Cassie Wilde gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible disorganised receptionists

I've been waiting over a month to get a referral, and they won't stop cocking up! Disgraceful

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 23 September 2013

Derby Medical Centre replied on 23 September 2013

Please can you contact the Practice Manager regarding this comment - many thanks

Ikram gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great GP

We recently moved to Epsom and registered ourselves in this surgery. On our first appointment with the Dr we awere extremely pleased by their personality and friendly attitude towards us. They discussed over concerns with us with great sensiblility and gave us a plan for our treatment. We came in with nervousness but left with satisfaction and joy.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 25 April 2013

Derby Medical Centre replied on 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for the message - it is nice to know that you experienced what we beleive that we offer to patients. HH Practice Manager