Derby Medical Centre

01372 726361, 01372 8 The Derby Square, Epsom , Surrey, KT19 8AG

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

online prescription service broken/not coming back

These guys have always been good and still are, but now i rely on repeat prescriptions, so I end up making requests once or twice a month.

The online prescription service was changed to a new site recently and now the new one stopped working about a month ago and the guys there don't know when or if it's coming back.

It can't be that hard to get this sorted out. Please sort it

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 July 2016

Kida gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best doctors surgery i have been part of

I was a bit spectical at first registering here after reading the reviews on here, however i am so glad i did since it has proven to be best surgery ever, the doctors are amazing, very friendly and treat you with respect and as an individual, the majority of doctors i have seen are all exceptionally good, the only dissapointment i had once was with one particular doctor who stated 1 problem per appointment as soon as i got in the room, i just avoid seeing that doctor when i book.
I honestly cant say a bad thing about the receptionists either, they are very friendly and quite happy to assist so all in all this is a brilliant run surgery for the standards of NHS.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 09 January 2016

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Lovely practice

lovely practice the receptionists are the best I have ever encountered, they are helpful and cheerful, and you can always get a appointment with a doctor, the doctors and nurses are equally as nice. I have no complaints about this practice and would highly recommend

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Ben gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Always had excellent service

I have been at this practice for many years and I have always had excellent care, the staff are helpful and my doctor is very knowleable. I've never seen patients being spoken to badly bystaff but have seen patients taking to the staff with horrible attitudes.

If something wasn't right I would not take to a website and complain I would talk to the practice manager or someone in authority.

Cannot fault the surgery,

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 17 January 2016

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

brilliant GP - excellent service all round

I've lived in Epsom for the past 4 years and this has been my GP... Thankfully I've not had the need to use them too much but on the occasions I've needed a doctor they are always there and have always helped. The service on reception has really improved while I've been going there and can happily give them 5 stars now. The doctors who I've seen have been amazing. Really going above and beyond to help. Thank you and please keep up the brilliant service :-)

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

lynn gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Want a good practice come here

I have been with the practice for over 10 years and I now have a new GP most of the time I get an appointment with my own GP but if I require a urgent appointment I do get the GP on duty I think this is perfectly reasonable. My GP is new to the practice I have had a number of appointments since my GP started and cannot fault my doctor's diligence and care of me as a patient.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 05 January 2016

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

This surgery has gone downhill

We first registered with the Derby in 1986 - then it was excellent with considerate receptionists and professional, caring GPs (even if the surgery building then was run down).

In the last 5 years there has been a definite worsening of the service on offer - some of the GPs are very good and on the ball, but others are not and give the impression of irritation with patients. Given that it can now take much more than a week to get an appointment, that it is rare to see the same GP twice, and receptionists are rude and off-hand, it's not surprising that care for all members of my family has gone downhill.

I no longer feel confident I am getting the most appropriate care, and feel that there is little holistic thinking, especially in how prescribed medicines might interact with existing conditions, or how long-term conditions could be reviewed.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 25 November 2015

Derby Medical Centre replied on 04 December 2015

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you feel that you are not recieving the service as before and would like to discuss this further - you can contact me anytime Monday to Thursday 8.00 - 3 and Friday 8 - 12 on 01372 726361

Good Doctors - Very rude receptionists

Doctors are very good and listen well - however it is rather old fashioned that they do not open on a Saturday which is a real shame. Worst of all is the reception staff, they are so very rude and abrupt. This surgery really need to retrain their staff as this is very off putting. I am at the stage at when i next to this surgery, if the staff are rude or abrupt to me again i am seriously going to let them know it.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 18 October 2015

Melody Freshman reviewed Derby Medical Centre

Registration as New Patient

I have recently moved in to the local area and this surgery is the most local and the most convenient. I am within the boundary of the medical centre for patients. However, in order to register you have to provide two forms of verification and one of those MUST be a Passport. I do not have a passport and do not want to pay the fees to obtain one just to allow me to register with a local GP. Is there any way the surgery can change its rules and allow patients to reister with other forms of I.D ?

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Cannot recommend my doctor & Derby Medical Centre

Based on my experience I cannot recommend my doctor.
Their diagnosis and prescription had to be changed by hospital and colleague.

At Epsom's - Derby Medical Centre staff told me that doctors cannot adequately
cope on a day to day basis or at all because of too high number
of NHS patients. Staff said that patients may be missing out on
NHS treatment.