Derby Medical Centre

Telephone: 01372 726361, 01372
Address: 8 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG
Website: www.derbymedicalcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excelent surgery and understanding doctors

Excellent surgery. Family have been with them for 19 years and the service has always been good. Appointments are easily arranged usually one to fit around our day. Doctors are understanding and always have time to listen. Never feel rushed. All over would recommend to others.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 November 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Doctors gene good [ if rushed] Receptionists brusque

I have been going here for years and have always been satisfied with my consultation with my GP [ though sometimes he did seem a little rushed and short for time].

The reception however is another matter. The receptionists are often busy, and some times brusque in manner , [bordering on rudeness] .Getting an appointment on the day [ or even at other times ] can be difficult especially if you don't phone on the dot of 8am. There is an on line appointment system which is useful however.
The new automated announcement machine [ which announces your name when the Dr is free] is completely unintelligible and it also difficult to see from the seating area which is curiously arranged. There isn't much privacy at the reception desk either. Parking in the underground car parking is very expensive [ but at least you can get a space] .
Overall the Doctors in the practice are good the same cannot be said of the reception and administration however.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 19 February 2015

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Is anyone at this Practice listening?

I note, with interest and concern, that there is a common thread in many of the reviews of this Practice: the doctors are great and the receptionists are abysmal. I am hanging on in here because my Doctor is great, but it fills me with dismay when I look at this website and see that the surgery has not responded to any of the comments here which state quite clearly my own views and those of many other disappointed patients. A great medical practice is being seriously let down by the hostile and rude attitude of the first point of contact patients have: the receptionists. Surely they should be addressing this. It's a great shame.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 March 2015

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Absolutely dreadful reception

I really like my GP at this practice but the reception staff is horrid. I don't believe I have ever encountered a worse reception anywhere. They are rude and ill tempered and I am considering finding a new surgery based solely on the reception staff, as I simply don't feel welcome when I walk through the doors. Asking questions is obviously not allowed and when thanking them for their help (not that they are willingly helpful) they do not even respond. No one wants to visit a GP, but a friendly face at the front door goes a long way to improve an experience.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 18 August 2014

zebadee73 gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Fantastic doctors, unforgivably poor receptionist staff

The doctors in this surgery are above reproach, you will be treated with dignity, respect and by people who have a solid base in medical experience coupled with diagnostic knowledge. Unfortunately the reception staff are useless so much so that I am considering leaving the surgery.

They are rude, arrogent and for some reason seem to retain their jobs. I will admit that people who are ill are seldom the most accomodating, however, those who deal with ill paople all the time (i.e. the doctors) should be able to temper the way in which they deal with people.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 09 May 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible Terrible Terrible Receptionists.

So glad I've swapped GPs. Shame as the doctors are fantastic, the receptionists however are rude, snappy and don't ever seem to know what they are doing

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

lau gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

awaiting outcome of letter from two months ago

Im trying to get a simple blood test for my child whom may be lacking in something that affects his mood swings and this surgery cannot help they keep pushing me back to camhs who also cannot help any further. My child school is also on my side. So it seems that there is lack of help for children services. I'm considering moving surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Derby Medical Centre

Great Doctors, not so great reception staff.

The Doctors at this practice are very good and although I prefer to see the same GP when possible I have also seen two others who have been equally good. They all have a great bedside manner and are patient and understanding.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the reception staff. They are abrupt to the point of being rude and the fact that you have to tell them why you want to see the doctor so that they can decide if you are worthy of being seen is intrusive. Recently I was waiting for an appointment and one of the phones was ringing for 5 minutes non stop while the staff discussed what presents they had got for Christmas at the front desk so it is no wonder it takes an age to get through to speak to anyone on the phone. They speak to you as though you are disturbing their day and although I understand they must have to deal with some unpleasant people at times their attitude gets your heckles up very quickly.

I think this practice must have too many patients or maybe my doctor because they are so good because last month I rang at 8am and the phone was answered at 8.06 when I was told that there were no appointments left with my GP! how is this possible? were all 4 of the people in the phone queue ahead of me wanting to see my GP?

I would recommend the doctors to a friend but the reception staff need to have their people skills improved.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 09 January 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good once you know how the system works

I've been visiting the same GP at this practice for 20 years and feel reassured by their thoroughness and desire to get problems sorted. Once you know how the appointments system works, it's reasonably easy to get an appointment when you need one. However, the receptionists do not explain the system to patients and could probably help the situation by engaging with patients more. Overall I have a good experience at the practice but it is let down by reception.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 18 February 2014

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Doctors are great - receptionists are not!

I cannot fault the service I have received over a significant number of years from my own doctor here and others (when my own Dr has not been available). However, the attitude of the receptionists leaves a lot to be desired. Whilst I appreciate that they sometimes have to deal with difficult patients, there is no need for them to be so rude and off hand to patients who have been polite to them. I do not expect to have to discuss why I want to see a Dr with a receptionist - that is between myself and the Dr. The receptionists behave as if you are interrupting them (it is their job to answer the phone or deal with people at reception!). It is such a pity that the overall impression of this practice is marred by their attitude - the doctors are superb, but are let down by the poor attitude of their receptionists.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 04 November 2013