Derby Medical Centre

01372 726361 8 The Derby Square, Epsom , Surrey, KT19 8AG

Dave gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Pleasantly surprised

Within 3 hours of calling I was at my same day appointment. Check in was simple.
Doctor was lovely. Explained everything clearly at my 1st appointment and subsequent follow up today. The doctor was pleasant, helpful and very easy to talk to.
Would normally see another GP who is equally helpful.
Can't fault this practice!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 10 April 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your feedback - I will ensure that this is shared with staff at the next meeting.

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not impressed

I have been a patient at this surgery for about 4 years and choose this surgery due to near location for work. On the rare occasion I have been able to get an appointment. Until recently when I returned from hospital with a severe virus and needed a note- I have been unable to get through or confirmation that my request was forwarded. I have called at least 4 times a day for over a week and am very anxious about letting my work know I am ill and providing a document to confirm. In have been in the phone for over 1 hours to speak to someone. Most receptionistst are helpful however one is very rude, blunt, abrupt. I understand they are busy however a little care goes a long way when you are ill. I have never had this experience befor at previous surgery and will look to move even if it is more inconvenient for me. Sorry Derby Medical I know it is not every one.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Hi

I am sorry that you have had this experience - I wish you had telephoned and asked to speak to me and then I could have helped. We offer routine and emergency appointments daily. Your sick note should have been issued to you by the hospital as you were seen at the hospital so that you wouldn't have to make an appointment to see us.

Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

Jill gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Can't fault this Surgery

Have been with this surgery for many years. Over the last few years both my daughter and myself have had exemplary treatment and service. All the doctors are sensitive to our needs and extremely competent and helpful. I have absolutely no problem with the receptionists, they do their job brilliantly and with good grace. Obviously they are extremely busy sometimes and it is for us, patients, to understand and make allowance for these occasions. I have always found this surgery to be brilliant. The only problem I have is that I have to pay for car parking (as the Council organised the car parking contracts originally, they should have had more influence on fees and the raising of). .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 17 January 2017

The car parking is the vein of the practice - we have tried over several years to negotiate with NCP to reduce the charges but the prices are very high. Apparently NCP have informed us that Epsom is based on London prices and I am still trying to work that one out!

Thank you for your kind words about our surgery we do try our best! Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

2 hours on hold

Two hours of being on hold gave up holding as still 3 people before me at that time! Joke! Was recommended to hear too!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you had this experience - we reported our phone system to our suppliers last week and they were trying to fix the problem over the weekend, however they did fix some of the issues but needed to order a part that was fitted late last night. Our phone lines are working correctly now.

Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

Anonymous reviewed Derby Medical Centre

Got to wait 5 days for urgent appt. Took 17 mins for them to answer. Receptionist ignored me when I said what was wrong and generally uninterested and abrupt. States they have online access for appts but this is untrue. I'm a new patient and am not impressed at all.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 05 October 2016

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Nice surgery

Having moved from a previous local surgery this surgery actually thinks about the patients. Offers on the day, book able in advance and late monday evening appointments very happy with our choice never too much trouble and they never turn children away

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 13 October 2016

Derby Medical Centre replied on 17 January 2017

Thank you for your honest words - we do try our best for all our patients Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

online prescription service broken/not coming back

These guys have always been good and still are, but now i rely on repeat prescriptions, so I end up making requests once or twice a month.

The online prescription service was changed to a new site recently and now the new one stopped working about a month ago and the guys there don't know when or if it's coming back.

It can't be that hard to get this sorted out. Please sort it

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 July 2016

Derby Medical Centre replied on 10 April 2017

Thank you for your comments - unfortunately we changed from Vision INPS to Emis Web back in April 2016 and it wasn't until September 16 that we were able to sort out the on-line access. It is now working well so thank you for bearing with us!

Kida gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best doctors surgery i have been part of

I was a bit spectical at first registering here after reading the reviews on here, however i am so glad i did since it has proven to be best surgery ever, the doctors are amazing, very friendly and treat you with respect and as an individual, the majority of doctors i have seen are all exceptionally good, the only dissapointment i had once was with one particular doctor who stated 1 problem per appointment as soon as i got in the room, i just avoid seeing that doctor when i book.
I honestly cant say a bad thing about the receptionists either, they are very friendly and quite happy to assist so all in all this is a brilliant run surgery for the standards of NHS.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 09 January 2016

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Lovely practice

lovely practice the receptionists are the best I have ever encountered, they are helpful and cheerful, and you can always get a appointment with a doctor, the doctors and nurses are equally as nice. I have no complaints about this practice and would highly recommend

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Ben gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Always had excellent service

I have been at this practice for many years and I have always had excellent care, the staff are helpful and my doctor is very knowleable. I've never seen patients being spoken to badly bystaff but have seen patients taking to the staff with horrible attitudes.

If something wasn't right I would not take to a website and complain I would talk to the practice manager or someone in authority.

Cannot fault the surgery,