First Choice Dental (Outram Road)

Telephone: 02392828560
Address: Outram Road Dental Centre, 42 Outram Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO5 1QZ
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Emergency appiontment

Told to phone up at 08.30. No joy. Phone just kept ringing and ringing. This surgery has really gone down hill.

I have been a patient here since 1982.

Question 4 is a bad question. When did I visit this Dentist. Does this mean the first ever appointment or the last one......

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentists amazing, reception staff need people skills

i have had my 3rd visit to this dentist now, the dentist i saw was just amazing. explained everything in great details, advised me but didnt push me and talked everything through with me. They made me very relaxed which is a miracle as i am so scared and nervous of dentists. the whole team who dealt with my teeth were just top class. however i found reception staff rude and petty on the phone (if they actually answer) and on the day of my treatment. Trying to rearrange an appointment was a chore to them and i felt like i was being a pain. its not easy to get someone to take a day off work to be with me and another to take a day off to look after my son so i was trying to get a day that suited all involved. On the day i was 'tutted' at for not having the correct forms with me, as they had sent me the wrong forms. there was just a whole vibe that anything i asked was too much trouble and i wouldnt at all describe them as friendly. Please dont be put off attending this dentist because of the reception staff because the long wait to see the dentist really is worth it!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 15 April 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and that you have been happy with the service provided.

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

I am sorry to hear of your experience when dealing with our receptionist, thank you for providing us with this feedback, I will use this in order to provide additional training to our reception team.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

I highly recommend this dental surgery

I recently joined as an nhs patient with a broken tooth, I also have a really bad fear of dental treatment, but they were wonderful with me, I am so happy with the way I was treated by all of the staff, the receptionists, nurses, dentists and anaesthetist are amazing.

The initial check up went well, I was put at ease and the treatment needed was explained clearly to me. I needed to have the tooth extracted, which terrified me, but I was given the option of having iv sedation, and I'm so grateful I had it.

The staff are especially caring and respectful of anxious patients, my appointment went really well, the sedation was so effective and I can't remember much of the procedure at all. I wish I'd joined this practice sooner, it's the best one I've ever been to.

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 01 April 2014

Outrum Road Dentist

I am an extremely nervous patient.. Everyone there, from receptionist to aftercare are wonderfully understanding..
Because of their understanding and consideration towards their patients I would highly recommend them.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 2 stars

Reception Staff are appalling

It is impossible to get through to this dentist by telephone. I have been trying to book an appointment for weeks with no luck and am dreading having to go in in person as the reception staff have always been incredibly rude. I feel embarrassed being spoken to by them in front of other patients and find myself scuttling away every time I have a treatment there.. The dentist I see is great, however and for that reason I continue to attend the practice. Such a shame they have such rude reception staff.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 06 March 2014

Dear Patient,

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with treatment that you have received at our practice.

I was very concerned to hear of your recent experience and would really like to speak to you in more detail so that I can investigate this.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Agree with the other reviews, reception staff are rude

Havent been to the dentist for ages as I am really nervous and the reception staff were incredibly rude, I need to appreciate that they are busy? Putting me on hold to say bye to a friend? I think not.
Changing dentist now.
Terrible.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 28 February 2014

Never answer the phone!

I was phoning for a friend but despite many attempts phone is always on answer.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 28 February 2014

Kind Regards, Leanne Garvey - Senior Patient Support Officer - 01204 799661

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Shocking staff, avoid at all costs!

The reception staff are unhelpful and rude.

They overtalk you, its there way or not way. Wont let you get a word in edge ways.

Non supportive.

As the first face, or voice representing the surgery you would think they would be welcoming and calm, espescially being a sedation clinic too. I am shocked and appauled at there service.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 10 February 2014