First Choice Dental (Outram Road)

Telephone: 02392828560
Address: Outram Road Dental Centre, 42 Outram Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO5 1QZ
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Miss N Kimber gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Best Dental Surgery I've ever been to!

The Dentists and nurses at this surgery are second to none. The staff I see are wonderful! I never feel rushed, they always take time to chat to me and are bright, cheerful and professional. The dentist takes great care to ensure you don't experience any pain and the nurse makes you feel at ease with their warmth and kindness. They are a great team and make you feel like a friend instead of a patient. The only down side to the surgery is a very rude receptionist, but don't let them put you off... I promise if you get these staff looking after you, you'll never go anywhere else and the quality of the dentist's dental work is as high as that of any private dentist.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 20 November 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) has not yet replied.

Emma playford gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

This is the best dentist I have ever had!!!

I have been terrified of the dentist for a number of years. I have tried numerous dentists and never found one who is sympathetic until I went to Outram road. This is by far the best dentist I have ever had. My dentist is honestly the nicest, loveliest, sympathetic dentist I have ever met and trust me I have had a few! Having just had a tooth out, the dentist was so lovely. I'm such a pain and usually cry and get extremely nervous but they always puts me at ease. If this dentist ever moved to another practice I would honestly follow them even if I had to travel half way up the country. If anyone is frightened please consider Outram road they are great!! Thank you for being so kind and lovely!!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) has not yet replied.

no more fear gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

A VERY SATISFIED PATIANT

I have been a patient at this practice for about 3 yrs now the treatment from reception to dentist has been faultless. I had an extraction today all I will say is this is by far the best experience I have encountered at any dentist I am 70yrs of age and I hope my dentist will be at this practice for a long time to come.
A VERY HAPPY PATIANT T. RUSSELL

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 19 August 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and I am very pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have recieved.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Receptionists......

My family and I have attended this surgery for many years, and at each and every appointment the reception staff have been rude and unhelpful.
They chat about their personal lives and other patients, while all the time the phone is ringing off the hook. They're unprofessional and argumentative, telling you to wait while they finish their conversation before dealing with your request. My family have attended separately all experiencing the same rudeness, so it's not that they're having an "off day."
You're basically getting in their way of having a chat and gossip.
I have contemplated many times complaining about the attitude of the reception staff, however feel that they would be vindictive and make it difficult for me to make appointments and make me wait longer than needed.
The dentist is always polite, luckily I have only ever needed minor treatment and this has been carried out well.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 31 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the very late response.

I am so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the Receptionists at our practice and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this situation may have caused you and your family. I would like to assure you that we take complaints extremely seriously and I would very much like to speak to you so that I can take further details that will allow me to investigate this on your behalf and would appreciate it if you would contact me at the practice.

Jaq Doran gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentist is fantastic

My dentist at Outram Road never rushes, always has time and patience, they are always polite, extremely knowledgeable and always solves any problem. I have had a constantly aching tooth for a year, too busy at work to book an app. On a routine check I mentioned it, expecting to have to book a further app. The dentist examined it after doing regular checks and a clean, found there were no problems with the tooth but after a lot of searching and prodding they found a 'pocket' under my gum line with tartar in it...the dentist got it out, the relief was instant, like pulling out a jagged splinter! No aching since I had it done on Monday! As always....fantastic! Thank you !!! Jaq Doran

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 17 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have recently recieved from our practice.

I was very concerned to hear of your experience and would been keen to speak to you in more detail about this.

Please can I ask you to contact me at the practice.

Practice Manager

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Emergency appiontment

Told to phone up at 08.30. No joy. Phone just kept ringing and ringing. This surgery has really gone down hill.

I have been a patient here since 1982.

Question 4 is a bad question. When did I visit this Dentist. Does this mean the first ever appointment or the last one......

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 17 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

Please can I ask you to contact me to discuss further.

Patient Support Team 01204 799697

Outrum Road Dentist

I am an extremely nervous patient.. Everyone there, from receptionist to aftercare are wonderfully understanding..
Because of their understanding and consideration towards their patients I would highly recommend them.

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and that you have been happy with the service provided.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

I highly recommend this dental surgery

I recently joined as an nhs patient with a broken tooth, I also have a really bad fear of dental treatment, but they were wonderful with me, I am so happy with the way I was treated by all of the staff, the receptionists, nurses, dentists and anaesthetist are amazing.

The initial check up went well, I was put at ease and the treatment needed was explained clearly to me. I needed to have the tooth extracted, which terrified me, but I was given the option of having iv sedation, and I'm so grateful I had it.

The staff are especially caring and respectful of anxious patients, my appointment went really well, the sedation was so effective and I can't remember much of the procedure at all. I wish I'd joined this practice sooner, it's the best one I've ever been to.

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 01 April 2014