First Choice Dental (Outram Road)

Telephone: 02392828560
Address: Outram Road Dental Centre, 42 Outram Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO5 1QZ
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Desk staff were friendly, dentist was awful

I attended this dental surgery for the first time early last year, I had to have a small filling and my tooth has never been the same since. In fact, it felt better before I had the filling! It actually made me scared of the dentist. Ever since I've had this filling my tooth has been overly sensitive and only today have I plucked up the courage to book an appointment at a Private Practice as unfortunately you get what you pay for on occasion (and this is one of those occasions!).

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 25 June 2014

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have recently recieved from our practice.

I was very concerned to hear of your experience and would been keen to speak to you in more detail about this.

Amy gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Great practice

I have been a patient at this practice for a few years now, as I chose to move here from my previous one due to liking it so much. It may take a while to get through sometimes but they see hundreds of people a day so it's understandable and is worth the time it takes to get a appointment. My dentist makes me feel comfortable and very calming, which is great as I have always been a nervous patient. I used to be scared to call the dentist but since I moved to Outram I don't hesitate to call as I trust him 100% with my teeth and would highly recommend. Don't be put off by negative comments as I have never had a problem with the practice and actually find the receptionists quite a joy to speak to, and have always been very helpful when booking my appointments.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 10 June 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and I am very pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have recieved.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 2 stars

answer ya phones

It would actually be helpful if the staff actually answered the phone ..u will get removed from the surgery list if u don't attend an appointment but if u need to change an appointment or cancel how the hell can u wen no one answers the phone and wen they do the staff are rude and speak at u rather than to u ...a little respect and curtsy goes a long way ...so I think a good start would be answer ya phones!

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 27 May 2014

Receptionists......

My family and I have attended this surgery for many years, and at each and every appointment the reception staff have been rude and unhelpful.
They chat about their personal lives and other patients, while all the time the phone is ringing off the hook. They're unprofessional and argumentative, telling you to wait while they finish their conversation before dealing with your request. My family have attended separately all experiencing the same rudeness, so it's not that they're having an "off day."
You're basically getting in their way of having a chat and gossip.
I have contemplated many times complaining about the attitude of the reception staff, however feel that they would be vindictive and make it difficult for me to make appointments and make me wait longer than needed.
The dentist is always polite, luckily I have only ever needed minor treatment and this has been carried out well.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) has not yet replied.

Jaq Doran gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentist is fantastic

My dentist at Outram Road never rushes, always has time and patience, they are always polite, extremely knowledgeable and always solves any problem. I have had a constantly aching tooth for a year, too busy at work to book an app. On a routine check I mentioned it, expecting to have to book a further app. The dentist examined it after doing regular checks and a clean, found there were no problems with the tooth but after a lot of searching and prodding they found a 'pocket' under my gum line with tartar in it...the dentist got it out, the relief was instant, like pulling out a jagged splinter! No aching since I had it done on Monday! As always....fantastic! Thank you !!! Jaq Doran

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Emergency appiontment

Told to phone up at 08.30. No joy. Phone just kept ringing and ringing. This surgery has really gone down hill.

I have been a patient here since 1982.

Question 4 is a bad question. When did I visit this Dentist. Does this mean the first ever appointment or the last one......

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Thank you for your comments.

Please can I ask you to contact me to discuss further.

Patient Support Team 01204 799697

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentists amazing, reception staff need people skills

i have had my 3rd visit to this dentist now, the dentist i saw was just amazing. explained everything in great details, advised me but didnt push me and talked everything through with me. They made me very relaxed which is a miracle as i am so scared and nervous of dentists. the whole team who dealt with my teeth were just top class. however i found reception staff rude and petty on the phone (if they actually answer) and on the day of my treatment. Trying to rearrange an appointment was a chore to them and i felt like i was being a pain. its not easy to get someone to take a day off work to be with me and another to take a day off to look after my son so i was trying to get a day that suited all involved. On the day i was 'tutted' at for not having the correct forms with me, as they had sent me the wrong forms. there was just a whole vibe that anything i asked was too much trouble and i wouldnt at all describe them as friendly. Please dont be put off attending this dentist because of the reception staff because the long wait to see the dentist really is worth it!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 15 April 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and that you have been happy with the service provided.

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

I am sorry to hear of your experience when dealing with our receptionist, thank you for providing us with this feedback, I will use this in order to provide additional training to our reception team.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

I highly recommend this dental surgery

I recently joined as an nhs patient with a broken tooth, I also have a really bad fear of dental treatment, but they were wonderful with me, I am so happy with the way I was treated by all of the staff, the receptionists, nurses, dentists and anaesthetist are amazing.

The initial check up went well, I was put at ease and the treatment needed was explained clearly to me. I needed to have the tooth extracted, which terrified me, but I was given the option of having iv sedation, and I'm so grateful I had it.

The staff are especially caring and respectful of anxious patients, my appointment went really well, the sedation was so effective and I can't remember much of the procedure at all. I wish I'd joined this practice sooner, it's the best one I've ever been to.

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 01 April 2014

Maria Ann gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Outrum Road Dentist

I am an extremely nervous patient.. Everyone there, from receptionist to aftercare are wonderfully understanding..
Because of their understanding and consideration towards their patients I would highly recommend them.
Many thanks to them