mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea

Telephone: 02392828560
Address: 42 Outram Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO5 1QZ
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Nikki Middleton gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

Great for Phobic Patients!

I am an incredibly phobic patient (panic attacks, hyperventilation, the lot) and was referred here to have two fillings done. I was terrified that conscious sedation wouldn't be effective, but the anesthetist kept me as calm as possible and as soon as the drugs went into that needle, the next thing I remember was being told to sit up and being taken to the recovery room! They also covered my eyes which really helped, but other than that I don't remember a thing from the procedure. My phobia stems from the drill in particular, and I don't even remember the numbing jabs going into my mouth, let alone the drill! If anyone is phobic of the dentist, not only would I recommend sedation but I would absolutely recommend the Outram Road Dental Practice. The staff were friendly and as accommodating to me as they could be, given how much of a difficult, panicky patient I was. Not only that, but it didn't cost any more than the NHS charge for fillings! Thank you so much to this practice!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 08 June 2015

mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea replied on 10 June 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

I am very pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received from our practice.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team.

Kind Regards, Leanne Garvey - Senior Patient Support Officer

SDR reviewed mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea

Waited 1 hour for appointment

I am a new Patient and had an appointment today 12/05/15 @ 11.05am checked in and was given medical history form and was told to wait upstairs. Waited 1 hour and went down to reception waited another 10 minutes for the receptionist to finish messing about on the phone and then they tell me i haven't even been checked in. Thanks so much for wasting my time i sat upstairs for 1 hour of my life i wont get back for nothing!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our practice.

We would like to investigate this for you and would ask that you kindly please contact us on the number provided.

Patient Support Team

Tel: 01204 799799 option 1

Anonymous gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted!..

Receptionist talking about their private lives in front of you. One receptionist took a call regarding sedation and then spoke on the phone to another member of staff regarding said patient. Got very irate and said "don't you worry, when he rings back I'll tell him" in a very angry manner. Also heard saying "I knew it" "I don't believe it, It makes me mad". Very professional!.. Not!..

The receptionist that booked me in was rude. I asked the receptionist about a ramp as I have a new born baby in a pram and they said "oh, we have a ramp out the back"...wasn't shown ramp. Had to go back and ask how to get there. Given directions.
When got to ramp door doesn't stay open... Very heavy door..not alot of space. Had to ask another patient to hold door open for me.

Building works going on. Very cold noisy and smelly. Paint fumes irritated my eczema and asthma. Complained to reception. I said they should ring and inform people that this is going on. Was told "can't do that, we'd never get off the phones".

My dentist off sick..saw locum who never been there before and have to say they were absolutely lovely!..dentists are nice here but reception staff not so. And not professional at all!.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea replied on 27 May 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comment.

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have received from our practice.

Please can I ask you to contact the patient support team on 01204 799799 so that we can investigate your concerns.

Kind Regards, Leanne Garvey - Senior Patient Support Officer

Vicki Godby gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

Painless and almost relaxing!

I had a bit of an aversion to visiting a dentist (for 8 years!). On biting the bullet after severe toothache I went to the Outram road dentist. After learning I needed an extraction I was terrified, 3 weeks were spent worrying about what could happen.

I couldn't have been more wrong, the dentist and nurse put me completely at ease and no exaggeration, the crown and tooth root were removed in less than 5 minutes with absolutely no pain.

I am now moving house but will continue to visit Outram road surgery as I am so happy with the care I recieve.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 April 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you so much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and thank you for taking the time to leave them. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I ma so pleased to hear that your treatment was pain free and that we were able to put you at ease.

Gill Gibson gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

amazing service

I visited the clinic on 28th april for extraction under sedation because i am so scared of the dentist i cry just making a appointment ,i got a appointment for day after i rang due to a cancellation so didnt have too much time to dwell.When i arrived i was a wreck and nearly didnt have it done i had to have 7 teeth removed but the staff were amazing from the reception staff right through to dentist,dental nurse and the anaesthetist who was especially good i can honestly say i didnt not feel a thing and in my opinion if your nervous its the best way to have multiple extraction
I have not had any after problems except dribbling lol i would like to thank all the staff for the exceptional service i received especially as i was a gibbering wreck and i would not hesitate in having further treatment there if required

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 29 April 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you so much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and thank you for taking the time to leave them. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be passed to the team who will be delighted!

Anonymous gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

Made me feel at ease

I am petrified of dentist but today the dentist and nurse I saw made me feel at ease I would recommend this practice to anyone the staff including receptionist are outstanding.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 04 March 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you so much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and thank you for taking the time to leave them. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Peter Murphy gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

5 teeth out with sedation

This was the best experience I have ever had when visiting a dentist. I am terrified of them but I cannot remember any of the actual procedure. They were brilliant and I would like to thank the Dentist and Anaesthetist. I also have had very little pain since the procedure. The worst part of the whole procedure was the waiting to go down when I think my imagination was working overtime. My teeth were broken and a mess and I could not imagine how they could get them out without causing lots of damage but they did. Thank you for a very pleasant experience.Regards Peter

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Dear Peter,

Karen beldjoudi gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 1 stars

Never seen on time and then a dodgy root canal performed!

First off I must say I was happy with this dentist a few years back but slowly they have gone down hill! I was never seen on time, even though my appointments were straight after they're lunch hour? After a recent root canal being performed poorly I have now left the practice as they lied about the X-rays I had done to show how well the root canal was performed! I now attend a different dentist who has done a new X-ray and said the treatment was poor and has removed the root canal! And is going to do a new one for free! Outram road said I would have to pay to see a specialist! They basically lied and when I called to leave the practice they couldn't give a stuff why clearly don't care. I must end on the fact that they have lost a few good dentists from their practice and well what's left is questionable!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 03 April 2015

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the treatment that you received at our practice and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be assured that we take complaints extremely seriously and we would ask that you contact us so that we can investigate this for you.

Patient Support Team
Tel: 01204 799799 option 1

Miss N Kimber gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

Best Dental Surgery I've ever been to!

The Dentists and nurses at this surgery are second to none. The staff I see are wonderful! I never feel rushed, they always take time to chat to me and are bright, cheerful and professional. The dentist takes great care to ensure you don't experience any pain and the nurse makes you feel at ease with their warmth and kindness. They are a great team and make you feel like a friend instead of a patient. The only down side to the surgery is a very rude receptionist, but don't let them put you off... I promise if you get these staff looking after you, you'll never go anywhere else and the quality of the dentist's dental work is as high as that of any private dentist.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 20 November 2014

mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea replied on 13 January 2015

Dear Patient,
I would like to thank you on behalf of the practice for providing us with feedback regarding your recent visit.
I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with the treatment you received and look forward to welcoming you to the practice in the future.
Kind Regards, Leanne Garvey – Senior Patient Support Officer

Emma playford gave mydentist, Outram Road, Southsea a rating of 5 stars

This is the best dentist I have ever had!!!

I have been terrified of the dentist for a number of years. I have tried numerous dentists and never found one who is sympathetic until I went to Outram road. This is by far the best dentist I have ever had. My dentist is honestly the nicest, loveliest, sympathetic dentist I have ever met and trust me I have had a few! Having just had a tooth out, the dentist was so lovely. I'm such a pain and usually cry and get extremely nervous but they always puts me at ease. If this dentist ever moved to another practice I would honestly follow them even if I had to travel half way up the country. If anyone is frightened please consider Outram road they are great!! Thank you for being so kind and lovely!!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014