First Choice Dental (Outram Road)

Telephone: 02392828560
Address: Outram Road Dental Centre, 42 Outram Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO5 1QZ
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

no more fear gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

A VERY SATISFIED PATIANT

I have been a patient at this practice for about 3 yrs now the treatment from reception to dentist has been faultless. I had an extraction today all I will say is this is by far the best experience I have encountered at any dentist I am 70yrs of age and I hope my dentist will be at this practice for a long time to come.
A VERY HAPPY PATIANT T. RUSSELL

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 19 August 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and I am very pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have recieved.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Receptionists......

My family and I have attended this surgery for many years, and at each and every appointment the reception staff have been rude and unhelpful.
They chat about their personal lives and other patients, while all the time the phone is ringing off the hook. They're unprofessional and argumentative, telling you to wait while they finish their conversation before dealing with your request. My family have attended separately all experiencing the same rudeness, so it's not that they're having an "off day."
You're basically getting in their way of having a chat and gossip.
I have contemplated many times complaining about the attitude of the reception staff, however feel that they would be vindictive and make it difficult for me to make appointments and make me wait longer than needed.
The dentist is always polite, luckily I have only ever needed minor treatment and this has been carried out well.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 31 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the very late response.

I am so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the Receptionists at our practice and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this situation may have caused you and your family. I would like to assure you that we take complaints extremely seriously and I would very much like to speak to you so that I can take further details that will allow me to investigate this on your behalf and would appreciate it if you would contact me at the practice.

Jaq Doran gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentist is fantastic

My dentist at Outram Road never rushes, always has time and patience, they are always polite, extremely knowledgeable and always solves any problem. I have had a constantly aching tooth for a year, too busy at work to book an app. On a routine check I mentioned it, expecting to have to book a further app. The dentist examined it after doing regular checks and a clean, found there were no problems with the tooth but after a lot of searching and prodding they found a 'pocket' under my gum line with tartar in it...the dentist got it out, the relief was instant, like pulling out a jagged splinter! No aching since I had it done on Monday! As always....fantastic! Thank you !!! Jaq Doran

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 17 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have recently recieved from our practice.

I was very concerned to hear of your experience and would been keen to speak to you in more detail about this.

Please can I ask you to contact me at the practice.

Practice Manager

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 1 stars

Emergency appiontment

Told to phone up at 08.30. No joy. Phone just kept ringing and ringing. This surgery has really gone down hill.

I have been a patient here since 1982.

Question 4 is a bad question. When did I visit this Dentist. Does this mean the first ever appointment or the last one......

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 17 July 2014

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

Please can I ask you to contact me to discuss further.

Patient Support Team 01204 799697

Outrum Road Dentist

I am an extremely nervous patient.. Everyone there, from receptionist to aftercare are wonderfully understanding..
Because of their understanding and consideration towards their patients I would highly recommend them.

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and that you have been happy with the service provided.

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

I highly recommend this dental surgery

I recently joined as an nhs patient with a broken tooth, I also have a really bad fear of dental treatment, but they were wonderful with me, I am so happy with the way I was treated by all of the staff, the receptionists, nurses, dentists and anaesthetist are amazing.

The initial check up went well, I was put at ease and the treatment needed was explained clearly to me. I needed to have the tooth extracted, which terrified me, but I was given the option of having iv sedation, and I'm so grateful I had it.

The staff are especially caring and respectful of anxious patients, my appointment went really well, the sedation was so effective and I can't remember much of the procedure at all. I wish I'd joined this practice sooner, it's the best one I've ever been to.

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 01 April 2014

Anonymous gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 5 stars

Dentists amazing, reception staff need people skills

i have had my 3rd visit to this dentist now, the dentist i saw was just amazing. explained everything in great details, advised me but didnt push me and talked everything through with me. They made me very relaxed which is a miracle as i am so scared and nervous of dentists. the whole team who dealt with my teeth were just top class. however i found reception staff rude and petty on the phone (if they actually answer) and on the day of my treatment. Trying to rearrange an appointment was a chore to them and i felt like i was being a pain. its not easy to get someone to take a day off work to be with me and another to take a day off to look after my son so i was trying to get a day that suited all involved. On the day i was 'tutted' at for not having the correct forms with me, as they had sent me the wrong forms. there was just a whole vibe that anything i asked was too much trouble and i wouldnt at all describe them as friendly. Please dont be put off attending this dentist because of the reception staff because the long wait to see the dentist really is worth it!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

First Choice Dental (Outram Road) replied on 15 April 2014

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

I am sorry to hear of your experience when dealing with our receptionist, thank you for providing us with this feedback, I will use this in order to provide additional training to our reception team.

Claire B gave First Choice Dental (Outram Road) a rating of 4 stars

Pleasantly surprised

About a month ago, I developed a very painful abscess under a filling (the very tooth which had been such a nightmare to fill) I really didn't want to go back to this surgery but was eventually forced to due to the pain. The dentist I saw was incredibly nice, and very gentle which was a lovely surprise. I had antibiotics for the abscess and went back today to have the offending tooth extracted and another filling re-done. I was so so scared but am happy to say it went well. The dentist & assistant were both wonderful, very gentle and the experience was as positive as possible. I won't be keen to go back to the dentist, but my experience was so much better than my previous one. My appointment was an hour ago and I came straight on here to leave a review!

So, if you're planning on visiting this dentist, see this dentist, they're lovely, especially if you're as scared as me!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 05 February 2014