Beckenham Beacon

Website: http://www.slh.nhs.uk

Based on 25 ratings for this clinic

Based on 25 ratings for this clinic

Exceptional treatment

I accompanied my elderly mother who had suffered a fall and had badly injured her leg. She was seen within 10 minutes and treated by a very experienced nurse practitioner. We had full confidence in their treatment and my mother was delighted with the standard of care she received.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 04 November 2013

Jane Lyons gave Beckenham Beacon a rating of 5 stars

Excellent personalised care

I attended for post-operative wound care and was impressed to be offered more than I had requested, in the form of antibiotic cover that the nurse felt was indicated
The nurse and her student treated me as a valued individual and I felt very well cared for - thank you!

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 19 October 2013

Excellent

From the first second staff were very helpful and I was seen promptly. The hospital was very clean. The cafe was very clean and excellent food too.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 23 September 2013

The NHS at its best!

Fast service and quick diagnosis! I walked in at 6.30pm and was seen by 7pm - outstanding!

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 27 September 2013

Sick mum

I sent my sick mum down to see them, they didnt give her antibiotics, but she was seen straight away, treated really well and felt really cared for.

I highly recommend this place.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 10 October 2013

Tania Bacelo gave Beckenham Beacon a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I was with severe coughing problems, I called them to see if I could be seen by them, the phone call was answered very quick. I arrived and I said that I had called before, the receptionist remembered me (which is always a plus). I didn't had to wait to much and the person who saw me was very cordial, nice and professional. I got out of there with my prescription and it solved my problem. I would definitely recommend this clinic to people I know.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 11 October 2013

Very good care

Very good service, professional polite staff. Seen quickly at weekend. Would recommend this service

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 03 August 2013

For too long

Thank goodness I was sent here. I'd been in alot. of pain 13months. No one seemed to be able to help me. There are days I can't get out of bed because of pain.
I came here and saw the pain clinic doctor and WOW he first of all understood that I couldn't just be left in agony.He changed my prescription and I am soo much better. I don't have so many stuck in bed days. I still have pain but it's not excruciating any more.I can be comfortable alot.no of times and sleeeep its lovely. Still a ways to go but I have faith in him.
For such a tiny hospital its made a big difference to my life.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 12 September 2013

Una reviewed Beckenham Beacon

Unfriendly

On my very first visit to the Urgent Care Unit, the clinician that called me in was very unfriendly and was not interested in my concern. I have worked in the health services for a number of years in citical care and the staff and the consultants, doctors and nurses maintain a caring and friendly approach under pressure at all times.It is a shame I did not see the same attitude from this particular clinician. I left feeling dissapointed and unsatisfied.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 09 June 2013

Ruth Mackie gave Beckenham Beacon a rating of 5 stars

Rolls Royce Service

I attended today 15 6 13 with conjunctivitis and severe swelling of the whole eye socket.
I was seen immediately by a nurse practitioner who assessed me and treated me very professionally . She gave me the treatment required which was 2 types of antibiotics and anti biotic eye ointment. I didn't even have to go to pharmacy to collect it.
Thankyou to the team ,very slick service,
Ruth Mackie