Report this content as offensive or unsuitable

Tell us about this content

Important, please read before continuing

This form should only be used for serious complaints about comments posted to the Page Comments section that break the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. This would include, but is not limited to harassing, abusive, threatening, libelous, or otherwise objectionable material.

The comment about which you complain will be sent to a moderator, who will decide whether it breaks the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. You will be contacted in due course once a decision has been made.

We need your email address so we can keep you updated about the status of your complaint.

Return to this content

Original content

upsetus said on 11 September 2012

My 94 year old Mother who had a stroke has been assessed as needing a placement with nursing care, but has been deemed not eligible for nhs continuing care. We have found a home that she loves and that myself and other family members like also. The problem is that it is just a care home, not a care home with nursing. The manager of the home has said they have several residents with exactly my Mum's needs and she is confident that she will do well there. But, the discharge team at the hospital has said she can't go there because of the nursing care assessment. Can I override them?