Report this content as offensive or unsuitable

Tell us about this content

Important, please read before continuing

This form should only be used for serious complaints about comments posted to the Page Comments section that break the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. This would include, but is not limited to harassing, abusive, threatening, libelous, or otherwise objectionable material.

The comment about which you complain will be sent to a moderator, who will decide whether it breaks the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. You will be contacted in due course once a decision has been made.

We need your email address so we can keep you updated about the status of your complaint.

Return to this content

Original content

rodmarten said on 29 July 2011

My 96 year old father has been resident in a nursing home for the last 5 years following a hip replacement operation. We sold his house in order for him to pay the fees and he gets the allowances that he is entitled to. However, last week he had a stroke, confirmed by the hospital, and is now back in the same nursing home confined to bed. Should the NHS now be responsible for funding his continuing nursing and residential fees? Rod