Alternatives to drinking – ways to relax without alcohol
Cutting back on alcohol is part of making changes to improve your health, and there can be other benefits too. If you tend to drink in the same place, or at the same time, or with the same people, try to change your routine so that you do something different instead. If you drink every day, aim to have at least two days a week when you don’t drink, and find other ways to spend your time.
Why not try…
- having a long relaxing bath
- catching up with an old friend on the phone, or writing to them
- doing some home-working, like making products or stuffing envelopes
- going for a walk, a swim or a bike ride – you’ll feel great!
- doing some odd jobs you’ve been putting off for ages
- walking the dog
- rediscovering your music collection
- starting a new hobby – the options are endless!
- learning to cook or draw
- doing some voluntary work
- joining a club, gym or five-a-side team – find places to get active near you
And there are loads more ideas out there!
It'll be worth it!
There are great benefits when you cut down on booze, like better health, better skin, or more cash in your pocket
Benefits of cutting back